Sales Support Associate (Consumer) at Life Fitness
An empty treadmill isn’t compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
SPECIAL NOTE ON REMOTE WORK: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this job description has been amended to reflect the ability of this Consumer Support Associate role at Life Fitness as an approved role that can temporarily be performed from home in a remote setting. All duties can be performed working from home and have been since mid-March 2020. Candidate must reside locally. This role will eventually transition back to an onsite work environment located in our Chicagoland office.
The primary responsibility of the Consumer Support Associate is to serve the needs and fulfill the expectations of Life Fitness customers. The Consumer Support Associate will be the main point of contact for the customer from the acceptance of an order through its successful delivery and installation. This individual will manage all aspects of the order to ensure that the customer receives the right products, at the right location, at the right time, and is satisfied with the experience of using Life Fitness as a vendor for fitness equipment.
- Enters, schedules, and makes available to ship all sales orders for their respective customers accurately and timely. Finding Pragmatic Solutions to challenges related to product availability and lead time violations that risk meeting a customer’s requested timeline.
- Review reports to ensure timely communication with customers at all required touch points as well as additional provide additional communication as needed.
- Makes order adjustments in response to changing customer needs, product changes including uprev’s, phase outs etc.
- Notifies consumer sales team of any order adjustments that the customer is making.
- Assumes the lead contact role with the customer; resolves any issues that may impede prompt delivery and successful installation of customer orders.
- Notifies customer and salesforce of issues that may prevent the customer from being fully satisfied; works to resolve these issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintains accurate records of all communication with customers and sales reps.
- Maintains order attachments and notes in the system to ensure that reports are accurate and meet supervisory review based upon departmental standards.
- Keeps abreast of current production schedules, product changes, and new product instructions as they relate to existing and new customer orders.
- Participates in the development of procedures for the Customer Operations function.
- Provides assistance to new employees when needed, fostering a team environment with a focus on rapid resolution for our customers.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience & Capabilities)
- Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 year in customer service, order management, sales support or related function.
- Ability to work with a high volume of orders with accuracy and focus
- Good time management skills
- Heightened attention to detail
- Great sense of urgency on handling customer inquiries and concerns with regards to their order(s).
- Ability to prioritize when more critical tasks or issues arise.
- Great written and verbal communication skills. Professional style of communication via e-mail and over the phone.
- Great collaborative and teamwork skills cross-functionally, including but not limited to transportation, shipping, sales, delivery & install, credit, etc…
- Great listening skills, empathy and patience while working with customers
- Solid decision-making skills
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.