Sales Support Associate
The Sales Support Associate will partner with sales teams, clients and other Ad Operations areas. This person will communicate, collaborate and assist in all presale and post-sale activities for all products in the Tribune portfolio as needed. Activities will include: manage exclusive “White Glove” clients, checking available premium inventory, managing ad material submission from clients and sales reps, and validating details of print advertising orders prior to order entry. This role will provide elite customer service to our advertisers and sales reps.
- Work directly with shared services for billing reconciliation tasks to resolve credit locks, track credit applications and process approved billing adjustments as requested.
- Independently analyze and resolve mid to low level accounts receivable questions and issues.
- Monitor and respond to any incomplete IO’s ; complete IO when able or route appropriately to sales reps to resolve issues.
- Handle price changes, update production methods, sales assignments or other general information on existing orders within - order entry system.
- Gather advertiser material assets from assigned “white glove” accounts, upload complete ad materials and assist in material updates and mark-up to the AdWatch production system. Complete creative submission form if not completed by rep and/or advertiser.
- Monitor the ad production system and reports for missing “white glove” advertiser materials, late proof return from Ad Production team, or late release of advertising material, and follow-up with advertisers, Ad Production, and sales team as needed.
- Handle advertiser/rep inquiry calls such as order deadlines, missing material, advertiser complaints and billing adjustments.
- Serve as point person with downstream operational teams (Ad Production, Page Production) to resolve issues and communicate findings and possible resolutions for assigned “white glove” accounts.
- Produce detailed proposals which displays coverage area, market reference maps, distribution and zip code penetration, distance from specific locations, demographics and other key attributes
- Assist/support manager on urgent inquiries, request for proposals, insertion orders, placement, etc. or as needed.
- Manage Pay Per Lead advertising rotation to ensure client needs are met.
- Supports sales with customer, reporting, scheduling and various other administrative tasks.
- Assist in the search and reservations of available premium inventory.
- Act as liaison with vendor/partner and sales on Billboard avails, insertion order creation and presentations.
- Work with various outside printers to ensure they receive correct circulation totals for Chicago Tribune advertising inserts they produce
- Participate in the development of new policies and procedures related to increased quality and productivity, as well as, work environment
- Gather and maintain updated information on deadlines advertising/editorial guidelines and special section data.
- Maintain and actively pursue understanding of the computer systems used in the department and a general understanding of computer systems in general
- Meet or exceed individual productivity goals as set by the department.
- Cooperate in accomplishing all division goals as directed by Manager
- Duties include, but are not limited to the following list and the employee may be ask to perform other duties as needed to meet company objectives.
Principal and Revenue Accountabilities
- Revenue for this position will vary but likely support an average advertiser base
of $7 Million in annual revenue.
- Improper routing, prioritization and/or order entry into order entry system would have an adverse effect on revenue, and customer satisfaction with the potential of lost revenues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have the ability to determine proper workflow for accurate ad order entry, with the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Must display effective interpersonal skills to include areas of written and verbal communication as well as superior customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with video display terminal for long periods of time and type a minimum of 35 wpm.
- Occasional overtime required with Manager approval
Education and Experience
- Prefer one to two years of newspaper or media environment. Preferably in advertising, billing, and/or print production.
- Requires 1 year order entry/billing experience.
- College Degree Preferred
- G.E.D. or High School equivalent is necessary.