Sales Trainer V at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Paylocity has one of the most dynamic, passionate group of sales trainers around! They are knowledgeable, they are savvy, and they are committed to the success of our Sales teams! The Sales Trainer V develops material and trains new and existing sales staff. The key element to our approach is that salespeople receive standardized training that is well documented. New salespeople attend a 6-8-week training class conducted by the Sales Trainer consisting of classroom training, role playing, and field shadowing. Additionally, the Sales Trainer will conduct ongoing training workshops and sessions for the existing sales staff and sales management team to foster retention of subject matter and continued learning.
Reports To: Manager, Sales Trainer
- Deliver advanced training through in person, virtual, and blended training to meet the various needs of the Enterprise Sales organization, including Senior Leadership. Training events can include new hire, advanced skills, career progression readiness, and individual or team performance support.
- Manage all aspects of classroom preparation including creating/distributing agendas, learning materials, scheduling invitations, managing rosters, scorecards and other requirements as needed.
- Mentor and coach learners/employees through shadow sessions and 1:1 training.
- Identify training gaps and create a needs analysis with all stakeholders to ensure training needs are met.
- Proactively identify required curriculum enhancements and changes to meet the evolving needs of the department and then make the required changes in a timely manner.?
- Proactively evaluate Sales training programs & assets (Major Accounts & Enterprise Sales) for effectiveness and collaborate with key stakeholders and L&D Leadership to develop a roadmap for iteration and program enhancements.
- Leverage non-training time to determine future training needs and enhancements and maintain knowledge of Paylocity's services, processes, and products.
- Maintain proficiency /delivery certification in required role-specific content including general Paylocity product knowledge.
- Collect and share feedback from trainees for the purposes of self-development and program enhancements.
- Maintain proficient understanding of adult learning theory and various learning styles and collaborate with other L&D Specialists, Instructional Designers, and business partners to ensure course curriculum, materials, modality and resources are aligned.
- Ability to adapt various facilitation styles to accommodate classroom, virtual, group, and 1:1 environments.
- Maintain scores in the top 10% of your peers on Surveys and LSOs.
- Collect and analyze feedback from cross-functional leadership and subject matter experts to make change recommendations.
- Conduct needs analysis and develop training material to be utilized at the functional/territory level.
- Manage the structure and organization of training material in various knowledge management systems.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of new/enhanced Paylocity products in order to certify on new training content.
- Act as a peer-mentor to new team members.
- Participate in cross-departmental training initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a network of Sales Leadership partnerships to identify key performance and skills/knowledge gaps to architect innovative learning and performance solutions.
- Proactively evaluate training programs & assets for effectiveness and collaborate with key stakeholders and L&D Leadership to develop a roadmap for iteration and program enhancements.
- Proactively ensure the latest messaging, product capabilities, new systems and processes are integrated into applicable training programs.
- Build a network of cross-functional business partners that enable you to create program content in support of Paylocity's culture of teamwork and "Forward Together" mission.
- Display advanced subject matter expertise and deliver training and instruction at an advanced level to meet the various needs of the learner audience.
- Leverage resources to maintain expert knowledge of new/enhanced Paylocity products in order to certify on new training content.
- Serve as a Brand Ambassador for Paylocity's culture and values.
- 5-7 years training experience or successful track record of outside sales experience.
- Advanced knowledge of/experience in applying learning theories, needs analysis, learning strategy, and principles including adult learning theory.
- Experience in designing, developing and delivering training material for instructor lead, virtual, and blended training.
- Ability to plan, lead, organize and manage multiple projects?with little oversight.
- Advanced interpersonal, written/verbal communication, presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with blended (ILT/VILT) learning approach required.?
- Able to plan activities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in analyzing a business problem and working with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop a solution to resolve it.
- Prior customer service experience, sales experience required.
- Proven abilities to create strong business partnerships at a Director/VP level.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite - Word, Power Point, Excel.?
- Team lead experience preferred.
- Prior payroll experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.??
- Have completed APTD certificate program, or equivalent required.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is?$70,421 - $110,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined?here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via?www.paylocity.com/careers.