Sales Training Manager (Sales Learning & Development) at Affinitiv
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.The Training Manager, Sales is a key member of the Affinitiv Sales Strategy and Operations team responsible for development, curation and delivery of educational resources to accelerate effectiveness and efficiency of our sales organization. In this role, the leader will focus on the specific product and client knowledge, account management and sales skills and technology adoption abilities that Sales and Client Success team members need to achieve their business goals and support our clients’ success. Impact is measured by team member learning completion, proficiency assessments and role-based certifications tied to business performance results.
This is a remote position and will consider candidates located anywhere is the US that will work either CST/EST hours.
Success in this position requires working collaboratively with leaders across Affinitiv’s sales, marketing, product, business units, people operations teams as well as external subject-matter-experts to identify, prioritize and provide solutions to address development gaps. This role will be hands-on with direct responsibility to perform the gap analysis, curriculum development or curation, delivery of training, evaluation and reporting on KPIs; in collaboration and alignment with the overall development, programming and implementation vision from People Operations.
- Partners with People Operations in reviewing and selecting sales/leadership assessments
- Partners with People Operations in assisting leadership development programs
- Conducts gap analysis to identify and prioritize development gaps and curriculum needs for Sales and Client Success team members, aligning to the business performance metric(s) that can be improved
- Develop and administer a sales-specific onboarding plan, as a complement to the Affinitiv onboarding process, and develop role-based learner development paths, addressing the full spectrum of learning categories, including products, client operational processes and technology adoption
- Utilize Microsoft Teams and Talent LMS as primary modes of delivery.
- Create pre-/post learning assessments to measure progress for the learner and organization
- Develop, curate and deliver curriculum to address prioritized gaps and to support implementation and adoption of new technology or processes
- Equip team members with skills and resources to quickly resolve client concerns and mitigate churn risks (implement and train on processes)
- Develop and deliver training and evaluation to impact Client Success Consultant performance to attain KPIs on satisfaction, retention, quantity & quality of optimization reviews and cross-sell/upsell for revenue growth
- Develop and launch a certification process that connects knowledge, skills and abilities with impact on business performance
- Develop knowledge and ability to facilitate Affinitiv brand discussions internally and externally; value proposition and features/benefits of all Affinitiv products and services
- Maintains subject matter expertise and applies industry trends and best practices in learning development and talent management
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business or like experience; automotive experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a training role for sales teams that involve solution selling, revenue retention and account management responsibilities; ideally with digital media and software products (e.g. marketing technology provider or digital media agencies)
- Design, development or delivery certifications (e.g ATD) and evaluation method certifications (e.g. Kirkpatrick) are a plus
- Expertise in retail automotive dealership operations, commonly used technology solutions and processes across variable and fixed operations and marketing services
- Hands-on experience with development, delivery and evaluation of team member training programs, including certifications tied to business performance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to build internal and external relationships
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to create and deliver interactive training and lead conversations at the most senior levels with strong executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and maintain a positive problem-solving attitude, work across functions with agility within a fast pace and changing environment.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint) and Learning Management Systems for training delivery and testing
- Occasional overnight travel may be required (less than 10%)
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.