Sales Training & Onboarding Manager at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Sales Training & Onboarding Manager
We are looking for somebody who loves sales and wants to help our new reps reach targets faster. They’ll do this by collaborating with internal sales leaders to develop onboarding programs and facilitate new hires first 90 days of success. Additionally, you’ll be building continuous education curriculum to continue to level up our existing reps. This includes new product rollouts, skills training, and/or operational changes. You’ll be an expert on how to be an Account Executive or Account Manager in order for new hires to look to you as their best resource.How you’ll contribute
Built In is growing fast and this is an exciting opportunity to build out this department from the ground up. You will be responsible for the following focus areas:
- Decrease new hire ramp times by leading onboarding initiatives
- Design, develop and deliver learning programs across a variety of learning mediums that lead to lasting positive behavioral change for our sales teams
- Certify all new reps on pitch, demo, and proposal procedures
- Help Account Executives build pipeline in their first 60 days
- Help Account Managers transition customer book in first 90 days
- Set, measure, and report on the business impact of training programs
- Effectively consult and manage stakeholders by communicating in a clear, concise, persuasive manner on proposed solutions, tied back to business needs
- Understand how all sales systems operation and how an Account Executive or Account Manager utilizes each one to effectively do their job
- 3+ years of proven sales experience
- Previous experience as a manager, team lead, or coach to sales professionals
- Previous role within Sales Enablement/Training experience a plus
- Salesforce Experience Preferred
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, highly self-motivated, extremely detail-oriented, analytical with demonstrated problem solving and have sound business decision making skills in a fast growing/fast paced environment
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.