Salesforce Business Analyst
Job Description Summary
The Salesforce Business Analyst will work be responsible for handling the day-to-day maintenance of Salesforce as well as many projects related to the configuration and design of new features in Salesforce. The candidate will be involved in writing technical requirements in many areas of Salesforce related to Accounts, Activities, Cases, Opportunities, and Salesforce Communities.
- Facilitate discussions with business groups, define their needs and translate these needs into quantifiable business requirements.
- Define current (As-Is) and future (To-Be) scenarios (processes, models, use cases, user stories, plans, and solutions). Work with the team to build consensus among stakeholders to validate and finalize the requirements.
- Identify and analyze simple to complex business processes that require change/improvement.
- Effectively extract and document both system-agnostic and functional business requirements.
- Serve as technical coordinator to ensure all design questions are answered.
- Serve as a liaison between business groups and IT development to clarify requirements.
- Collaborate with IT development team to ensure requirements are properly translated into technical specifications that meet the business needs.
- Work with QA team to create and refine a master test plan that traces business requirements throughout the SDLC.
- Act as a change agent to help ensure that the newly implemented system/process enhances the success of the project.
- Communicate status of deliverables and timelines to interested parties proactively. Document issues thoroughly and escalate issues appropriately.
- Perform gap analysis of requirements against out-of-the-box application/system functionality and suggest best practices solutions.
- Present findings for iterative prototypes, proof of concepts, and case studies.
- Perform some level of Salesforce configurations.
- Facilitate weekly or monthly meetings with business groups and development.
- Able to independently manage small projects when necessary
- Track work progress/status; identify risks and constraints, escalate issues as necessary
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines and reporting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- 1-3 years of experience as a Business System Analyst supporting sales and/or marketing organization processes and systems
- Intermediate understanding of Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Good understanding of core CRM concepts with a strong analytical mindset
- Good written and oral communication skills a must
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.
CCC is ready to help you shift your career into high gear. Let's get started!