Search Engine Marketing Specialist (SEM) at Affinitiv
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
The primary goal of a Search Engine Marketing Specialist is to be on the front lines of Google Ads innovation. Working alongside the Digital Account Executives (DAE), you will execute the strategy set forth for the client, ensure each client budget is spent efficiently and effectively, and offer strategy advice with the goal of optimization and client success in mind. After attending our SEM Bootcamp, you will receive a number of current client accounts to begin working with. You will spend your days working within the Google Ads and Microsoft Ads platforms to fully saturate each of your dealers’ markets and achieve their growth goals. As you grow and hone your digital marketing skills within Affinitiv, your account load will grow with you, opening the door to new opportunities and challenges.
The overall purpose of the Search Engine Marketing Specialist is to support the Digital Account Executive (DAE) with the execution of the strategy set forth for the client by ensuring the monthly budget is spent evenly throughout the day and month. This person will receive current client accounts and new client accounts over a period of time and is expected to work with the DAE to maintain a high client retention rate. This person is responsible for overseeing the building and optimization of Google AdWords/Bing campaigns following the strategy guidelines set by the company and the client’s individual needs.
- Manage a portfolio of dealership accounts and track pacing on a monthly cycle.
- Offer strategy and budget recommendations focused on client growth and retention.
- Actively monitor bidding strategies and ensure the client is receiving the best possible results for their individual needs.
- Confirm that all account settings and targeting methods are accurate at all times.
- Optimize campaigns within Google Ads and Microsoft Ads by executing changes necessary to improve Key Performance Indicators (KPI) on a daily basis.
- Complete assigned tickets for any new display/video ads
- Create and assign tickets to resolve tech issues and creative asset requests.
- Send trademark approval requests when needed.
- Oversee a variety of daily/monthly/quarterly tasks for assigned accounts.
- Stay up to date with the latest digital marketing trends and find innovative way to implement these trends into your book of business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or Business preferred.
- 1 or more years in digital/traditional marketing, media, social advertising or auto industry.
- Exposure to digital marketing, media, social advertising or the auto industry Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated.
- Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Take initiative & be organized.
- Must be able to take direction well.
- Experience with SEM/Display/Remarketing/SEO/YouTube True View is desired but not a requirement.
- Google Ads certifications possessed (fundamentals, search, display, and video).
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.