Senior Account Executive - Logistics
What We Do
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You Do
As a Senior Account Executive focused on Logistics and Supply Chain solutions for Uptake, you will be introducing industry-leading retailers, distributors and 3PLs to products that will optimize their fleet operations and in turn fundamentally optimize their businesses. You will drive new revenue and deliver world-class customer support by educating companies across the logistics and supply chain sector on our custom data-driven products and solutions. As a new role on a new team, this SaaS sales position requires as much expertise with client communication as it does with internal collaboration, learning and iteration. Building our sales function and go-to-market strategy requires talent that embraces the entrepreneurial nature of our business who also have the operational savvy to know what’s right for our customers and our company long-term.
- Engage, educate and close businesses across the logistics and supply chain sector on Uptake’s custom products and solutions
- Identify where Uptake is uniquely equipped to analyze existing customer data and deliver actionable insights, making each partner more productive
- Partner with teammates across Engineering, Finance, Operations and Product Training to ensure a smooth onboarding for all clients
- Educate the customer on the value of support and design an outreach program to keep in contact with the customer on a routine basis
- Maintain relationships and rolling four quarter view of all accounts to better understand and forecast revenue and renewal opportunities
- Ensure all customer communication and internal knowledge sharing is documented in CRM
- Liaise closely with the support team to resolve issues in a proactive manner
- Travel as-needed (estimating 20%) to support clients and implementation team
- 7+ years successful track record selling to the logistics industry, with in-depth knowledge of regional, mid-tier and enterprise firms
- SaaS or PaaS sales preferred, or experience selling a highly configurable, complex suite of technical solutions
- Verifiable evidence of being an excellent communicator internally as well as externally. As we build this sales function it is even more imperative that those who join have worked well collaboratively across various teams.
- Evidence of succeeding under minimal supervision, learning complex concepts and domains quickly
- Evidence of operating swiftly amidst ambiguity, displaying capability to adapt to the changing requirements of a growing company
- Demonstrated track record of developing a successful pipeline and channels for SaaS software solutions and applications or equivalent complexity
- Startup experience
- SaaS / PaaS or big data sales experience
- Analytics experience
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.