Senior Account Executive
What We Do
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You Do:
As a Senior Account Executive for Uptake, you will be leading all aspects of customer relationship management for several high-priority assigned accounts. You will drive new revenue and deliver world-class customer engagement by educating companies on the value of our data-driven products and solutions, and advancing them through the deal cycle. This enterprise sales position requires as much expertise with client communication as it does with internal collaboration, learning, and iteration. Scaling our global sales function and go-to-market strategies across the industrial world requires entrepreneurial talent and the operational savvy to know what’s right for our customers and our company long-term.
- Develop, iterate, and execute on strategic and tactical account plans for prospects, and collaborate with our Pre-Sales team to align prospect objectives and pain points with the value Uptake software provides
- Curate and manage a world-class prospect experience throughout the lifecycle of each sales pursuit
- Ensure Salesforce is regularly updated for operational readiness on accounts, and provide relevant information to Uptake leadership and technology teams
- Work closely with Pre-Sales, Legal, and other teams to scope deals that optimize both Uptake revenue and customer value
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of Uptake products and technologies, accounts, competitors, and industry trends to ensure targeted positioning for all accounts
- Manage rolling four-quarter view of accounts to understand and forecast revenue and renewal opportunities
- Partner with Customer Success team to develop and execute plans for renewal, up-sell, and expansion with existing customers
The successful candidate will be an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization.
- At least 5 years experience in enterprise software sales or account management, with a track record of beating quota YoY
- Strength and relationships selling into the Industrial segments (Energy, O&G, Chemicals, Transportation, Logistics, etc) at the CxO, Asset Management and IT organizations
- Demonstrated experience crafting and selling multi-year complex enterprise solutions; applications and platforms. Specific experience selling IOT, AI and or Analytics a plus
- Self starter by nature; own and operate your book of business and successful track record scaling enterprise accounts.
- Strong time management, project management and presentation skills, and ability to think through all aspects of the sales process, manage long-term projects, and multitask
- Problem solver with strong analytical ability and excellent business judgment, and the ability to learn new concepts and domains quickly
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including around complex concepts and technologies, and experience selling to executive-level stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to adapt to the changing requirements of a growth company
- Strong understanding of big data and predictive analytics, predictive maintenance, and the Internet of Things as they apply to industrial verticals
Why Work Here
We are solving some of the world’s most complex problem for our industrial clients. We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.