Senior Account Executive
The Sr. Account Executive will be responsible for managing the relationship, client strategy, growth strategy, engagement plan, and overall value delivered to a set of named accounts. The Sr. Account Executive is the client facing individual who will be responsible for creating the client strategy to determine how to best align Gladson's solution to help clients achieve their larger strategic initiatives.
The Sr. Account Executive will work directly with the primary contact and executive sponsor at each organization to create an account plan focused on value demonstration and delivery to each client's needs. The role is focused on institution-wide engagement to ensure client renewals and growth by embedding into our client's business process. The Sr. Account Executive will work closely with client relations and customer service to ensure all needs are met and expectations are exceeded for each specific client.
This role will be based in Gladson's Chicago Loop office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain institutional relationships through a consultative sales process
- Manage the diagnosis of client business needs, on an individual client and industry segment level, and lead the creation of annual service strategies to deliver tailored service and value to executives in a timely manner
- Create customized account plans for each institution, outlining service delivery and CV growth strategies for existing and potential relationships within an institution.
- Lead strategic negotiation of Gladson contracts to best align service options to business needs
- Discuss cutting edge strategic initiatives with an executive-level audience within each client
- Understand the changing business terrain that clients face
- Diagnose and engage the largest risk segment with named accounts and devise a resolution strategy
- Manage the renewal and sales process through the attainment of annual revenue goals
- Excel in knowledge of Gladson's solution offerings in order to align client with appropriate support resources
- Partners with the team to build and execute upon long-term client engagement plans
- Partners with the Executive Team to bring new product development, client engagement, and competitive intelligence strategies to the larger team
- Navigate Gladson's solution on behalf of the client, ensuring the appropriate solution is provided to meet a client's problems.
- Educate clients on the benefits of Gladson's solution through articulation of Gladson's value proposition.
- Utilize existing client relationships to navigate within an institution and generate/contact growth leads.
- 3 - 5 years B2B sales experience; proven ability to identify and develop new business with prospects and existing accounts, build/maintain relationships with the decision makers
- Experience in selling services, with database or syndicated data a plus
- Demonstrated record of success at both large, complex organizations and in mid-sized environments
- Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills with the ability and executive poise to interface at all levels of management
- High degree of comfort with technology and use of databases and syndicated type data
- Proven track record of developing industry relationships with clients and peers, vendors and business partners
- Organization and time management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills at all levels; ability to pull together compelling sales presentations and proposals
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
Gladson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, Veteran status, disability or national origin