Senior Account Executive
The Marketing Store has a long, exciting history as a highly innovative, inspirationally creative, global marketing agency. And now, we’re helping to build a new kind of fully integrated agency from scratch with our partners at Omnicom. We are assembling some of the sharpest minds in the industry and we’re looking to add to the team. Our Retail Merchandising Group is focused on turning out the most effective, brand-building, behavior-changing, print and digital marketing materials imaginable for one of the most iconic brands in the world.
Our through-the-line model is led by data, fueled by cultural insight and focused on retail activations that drive the business. Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans too. We’re super collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to assist the Account team in the day-to-day execution of retail programs by owning and managing multiple tasks and client relationships. The Associate Account Executive also functions as a liaison between Account, Project Management, Strategy, Creative and Marketing Operations, ensuring client needs are met at a high level of execution, on time and on budget.
Manages estimates, projects profitability, budget and timeline management, noting details, ensuring accuracy and escalating issues of time when appropriate/necessary, cost or delivery for resolution.
- Investigates, tests, evaluates and develops new tactical concepts, vehicles, channels, and technologies.
- Provides tactical hands-on internal and external process and project guidance/management to AAAE, Interns, and Admin Staff.
- Traffics jobs through Studio and Creative Teams and responsible for internal approval content revisions.
- Responsible for internal approval & workflow to include (internal sign off on feasibility, compliance, quality, revisions).
- Monitors project costs to ensure client budgets are effectively managed.
- Responsible for developing conference reports, job changes, and status reports, authoring and presenting job briefs.
- Process vendor invoices to ensure payment. Follows up with A/R when necessary.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of client’s business, industry, category and marketing research.
- Takes on a proactive role mentoring, training, developing and reviewing the performance of Interns/Assistant Account Executive.
- Reviews & proofreads all materials (ensure all key members of the account team have approved copy, proofs, etc.).
- Works with email service providers and campaign management systems to assure appropriate customer segmentation, communication versioning, execution, delivery, etc.
- Performs other duties as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline plus generally two years of experience in relevant marketing promotion and/or account management experience within an agency environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time & project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.