Senior Account Executive at The Marketing Store
A BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it’s the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it’s the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We’re committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That’s why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.
WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It’s this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.
WHO WE WORK WITH
We apply insightful, strategic, brand-building processes to the creation industry-leading, award-winning promotions, digital experiences, retail activations, CRM and loyalty programs, premiums and brand events.
Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
Our Retail Digital Experience team is focused on turning out the most effective, brand-building, behavior-changing, digital marketing materials imaginable for one of the most iconic brands in the world. Today, we’re looking to build and grow our roster with the very best thinkers, tinkers and makers of amazing experiences.
Our through-the-line model is led by data, fueled by cultural insight and focused on retail activations that drive the business. Our solutions are built around the ways real humans actually behave. And we behave like real humans too. We’re super collaborative, supportive of one another, respectful of everyone, and generally fun to be around.
We are looking for a Senior Account Executive to support the Account team in the day-to-day execution of digital experience programs by owning and managing multiple tasks and client relationships. The Senior Account Executive also functions as a liaison between Account, Strategy, Creative, Production, and Marketing Operations teams, ensuring client needs are met at a high level of execution, on time and on budget.
Digging deeper on the details:
Client Relationship Management
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of clients’ business, competitive challenges, and how key strategic issues could impact client/agency objectives.
- Stay current on market and industry trends, digital innovations, and emerging technologies and communicate research and findings to senior leads and clients.
- Earn and keep client respect and confidence as someone they can trust, and maintain an active and productive working relationship.
- Understand the client’s business to articulate and persuade using the client’s business language.
- Attend and participate in client meetings, leading the agenda and flow, as well as crafting meeting report recaps as needed.
- Share responsibility for client retention and growth by proactively identifying client risks or opportunities, communicating to teams to effectively respond to client needs.
- Understand and articulate program strategy, objectives, measurement strategy, and relevant results.
- Lead client presentations to secure client approvals on recommendations, and act as the client point of contact to the execution team.
- Follow and understand digital innovation trends in the marketplace, developing ongoing spotlights for clients.
- Prepare updates for clients on emerging technologies and any relevant impact/opportunity to the business.
- Participate in development of tech conference agendas including key exhibitors and speakers for clients.
- Manage quarterly deep-dive reports in conjunction with strategy team for clients.
- Detect and address areas of conflict and opportunities to avoid financial, operational and/or strategy issues during program development and launch.
- Participate in creative development and review to ensure concepts and execution is delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage project timelines to ensure milestones are met.
- Understand financial process and checkpoints to keep projects on time and on budget.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage details, ensuring accuracy, and responsiveness in escalating issues.
Internal & Cross-Functional Partnerships
- Effectively partner with internal teams to understand their expectation and process requirements based on project needs and objectives.
- Establish rapport and trust with a range of cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with scoping group to develop accurate and informed scopes of project work, including schedules and budgets.
- Lead discussions with cross-functional teams, setting clear expectations for tasks and deliverables, effectively communicating and concisely.
- Leverage insight, strategy, and the power of persuasion to steer agency teams when necessary.
- Communicate implications of changed plans to teams in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrate unity behind team and agency decision-making.
- Lead teams as a motivated and positive contributor to projects.
- Anticipate and proactively make manager and teams aware of any and all issues.
Desired Skills & Experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Advertising or Communications.
- 3-5 years’ relevant marketing and/or account management experience within an agency environment.
- Experience with QSR, Food, or Retail Marketing preferred.
- Experience with digital technology / innovation strongly preferred.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, especially with MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Is resourceful and a proactive, self-starter.
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.
Thank you for your interest in The Marketing Store.
Please note that we will only contact candidates who are selected for an interview.
The Marketing Store is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited calls, resumes or candidate referrals from recruiters and agencies.