PowerReviews delivers a leading Consumer Engagement Engine that helps more than 1,000 active brands and retailers worldwide engage with consumers everywhere at the moment of purchase. A true Software-as-a-Service that is easy to implement and customize, PowerReviews provides customer review and Q&A capabilities that are proven to drive sales, improve the customer experience, and create actionable insights.
We are a small finance team, managing a business that’s growing every day. We have to think fast, make decisions on our feet, and are constantly thinking about how to make things better and more efficient. The Senior Accountant role is an integral part of our team. If you have a desire to dive into the details, take ownership of your role, and have a real drive to do more and be better, we want you!
- You will be a key player in the month end closing process including journal entries, reconciliations, reporting and financial review.
- You will manage the administration of sales and use tax.
- You will support the controller in daily accounting issues related to billing and revenue recognition.
- You will research and analyze accounting issues as they develop.
- You will be actively involved in the year end audit and tax preparation.
- You will have the opportunity to work on lots of fun projects as we work to continue to improve our processes and provide helpful timely information to the business leaders.
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- 3 - 5 years of experience in accounting roles, ideally with a small or midsize company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment where priorities shift regularly
- Self starter, ready to “roll up your sleeves”
- Not afraid to make things better...change is good!
- Strong desire to exceed expectations
- Sales and Use Tax Experience
- Experience with Avalara, Intacct, and Salesforce is a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills - pivot tables, lookups, charts