Senior Consumer Insights Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Delivers consumer and marketplace insights to internal business partners to guide strategic brand, advertising, media, and sponsorship decisions. Focuses primarily on planning, executing, and reporting market research to inform these initiatives. Understands business questions and translates these into suitable research approaches. Manages external research vendors and acts as an internal business strategy consultant that identifies patterns or themes, which in turn drives business actions based on fact-based recommendations.
- Conducts advertising research for mass market campaigns and targeted digital initiatives that delivers on actionable business objectives.
- Designs and executes qualitative and quantitative research to understand advertising effectiveness before market launch as well as in-market performance.
- Creates and delivers clear, compelling, and impactful presentations based upon strong analysis and trends to business partners.
- Understands and frames key business issues and risks in a meaningful and impactful way. Understands the existing knowledge base, defines the key learning objectives, and then frames the research around learning objectives and knowledge gaps.
- Manages relationships with external research vendors.
- Represents the voice of the consumer/customer with cross-functional partners and helps embed insights throughout the organization.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Marketing, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing, or related field
- Experience in advertising, media effectiveness and sponsorship research
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.