Senior Director, Business Development at Vivid Seats
The Senior Director, Business Development will be responsible for developing and executing the enterprise business development strategy for Vivid Seats' third party ticketing distribution business.
The Senior Director, Business Development will lead go-to-market efforts, including market sizing, the development and execution of prioritization methodologies, prospect opportunity assessment, and solution design feedback recommendations for all business development activities. Additionally, you will lead, alongside key stakeholders, financial modeling and forecasting around partnerships and deal performance. You will be responsible for managing the business development pipeline from determining targets, through lead generation, pitch, solutioning, contract negotiation, and deal implementation. Finally, working closely with your team, you will manage the health and performance of the partner portfolio and contribute to the growth and optimization of current partners.
As a senior leader in the company, the Senior Director, Business Development will be expected to build exceptionally strong internal and external relationships while providing business and cultural leadership in line with Vivid Seats' core values. Critical to success will be your ability to become a trusted advisor for all internal stakeholders and prospective partners at the C-level by displaying knowledge and expertise in relevant verticals and the ticketing industry.
Reporting to the VP & GM of Enterprise & Distribution, the Senior Director, Business Development will be accountable for leading a team – and contributing individually – to meet its enterprise sales goals and growing the Vivid Seats' distribution business.
- Contribute to the assessment and recommendation of the go-to- market business development strategy
- Effectively execute against go-to-market sales strategies
- Work with key internal teams, to perform thorough analysis of market trends and the competitive landscape to shape the sales strategy and execute partnerships
- Work closely with the finance team, construct comprehensive business cases and financial models utilizing all relevant data sources and modeling to support business development and optimization activities
- Lead the procurement of feedback from the marketplace so Vivid Seats may develop the best solutions for its partners
- Develop and deliver a demand generation strategy
- Play a key role in championing and managing the overall sales processes and support tools, including working with the internal teams to create new tools and collateral to help facilitate business development and deliver upon organization business development reporting and forecasting
- Contribute to business planning and revenue forecasting including the on-going support of organization budget management
- Coach and mentor the success of team members, ensuring the Business Development team meets or exceeds targets
- Prioritize issues and opportunities according to business needs and attractiveness to ensure alignment with the overall corporate strategy
- Generate new business as required through qualifying potential leads and developing opportunities as required
- Budget responsibility and accountability, directing financial and strategic growth targets to be set annually
- Encourage and deliver a collaborative and cross functional approach to all activities including an energetic team environment, acting as a senior leader within the organization
To be successful you'll need:
- MBA or a post graduate degree in a related field, with preferred degree in business, finance and/or other analytical field
- 10+ years of demonstrated related work experience displaying progressive leadership positions including a preference for those who have experience in one or more of the travel, finance, eCommerce and/or loyalty sectors
- Proficient analytical, financial, operations, sales, and client service skills
- Proven results with client development, complex negotiations while possessing strong relationships in certain sectors, with the ability to comfortably engage with C-Level leaders at major corporations
- Conceptual thinker with a strong ability to understand/develop complex theories and business models quickly
- Extensive experience in sourcing and understanding market research as well as the ability to author new research to validate models and concepts
- Must be able to work with little supervision or direction and be a team player, with expansive cross functional team work and leadership experience
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
101-30 Duncan street,
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2C3
111 N Canal street
Chicago IL, 60606