Senior Drawback Associate at Flexport
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,700+ Flexporters across 17 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. With revenue growing at breakneck speed, Flexport is looking for a Senior Drawback Associate to join our Drawback and Refund Services branch of our Trade Management team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for optimizing our clients’ drawback recoveries and facilitating their drawback experience alongside some of the smartest people in the logistics industry as we collectively challenge the status quo and reduce the friction in global trade.You will:
- Prepare US and foreign duty drawback forms as necessary for establishing and maintaining our clients’ drawback programs
- Analyze import, export, manufacturing, and other business documents and data
- Proactively investigate drawback recovery enhancements
- Complete data entry, when necessary, to convert data into electronic formal
- Prepare drawback claims utilizing drawback software solutions, analyze results, and troubleshoot issues
- Manage and maintain import, export, and other client and claim databases
- Submit documentation and claims to Customs and follow up as necessary
- Work to ensure compliance with drawback and other regulations
- Manage the day-to-day drawback operations for multiple clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail-oriented with superior organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills,
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on Excel and Google equivalents, analytical tools and functions highly desirable
- Familiarity with large sets of data
- Mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- High level of computer literacy. No paper. All digital.
- 3-5 years of experience in duty drawback program implementation and account management, preferred
- Some industry knowledge including classification, valuation, duty minimization and avoidance strategies, government regulations and rulings, and other trade information preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, Licensed Customs Broker preferred
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.