Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Our Emerging Businesses team is responsible for strategizing and implementing new lines of business within Upwork. We do this through a combination of product development, partnerships and business development opportunities.
Specifically, we are looking for a self-starter, who will be tasked with helping define strategies for our emerging business unit through the use of data and analytics, build business cases for new partnerships and products, evaluate opportunities in the market and partner with product management, engineering, design, legal and finance to build out these new business opportunities. The Sr. Manager of Business Development and Partnerships will set up the systems and processes to effectively evaluate new lines of business, their revenue potential and ability to scale within our overall portfolio of products and services at Upwork.Your Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic business decisions through data and analytics and market research
- Assist in the development of ad-hoc analysis, reports, presentations, and special projects for senior leadership
- Partner with finance, product management, engineering and other functions to identify business opportunities and execute on implementation
- Think proactively about strategic opportunities across Upwork’s ecosystem and in the market at large
- Track industry trends and use those to constantly evolve our strategy for business development and partnerships
- Demonstrated experience analyzing markets, businesses and trends
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to generate insights and action plans from data
- Experience in analysis and presentation of results in a clear and effective manner
- Excellent communication skills including interfacing with potential partners and customers
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects / responsibilities
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.