Senior Manager of Revenue Enablement
JELLYVISION NEEDS A PROVEN LEADER TO STAND UP A SALES ENABLEMENT FUNCTION!
We here at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX®, an interactive employee communications platform that happens to share some DNA (and a sense of humor) with the smash-hit trivia video game YOU DON’T KNOW JACK®, created by Jellyvision's founder. ALEX makes navigating tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits or improving your financial wellness—easier, faster, and more helpful, not to mention entertaining. The success of the ALEX platform has exceeded our wildest dreams, (except for the part right before we woke up where our mom was riding a giraffe), which is why we need talented folks like you to help us help ALEX take over the world…er…continue to grow and succeed.
THAT’S LOVELY, BUT WHAT’S THE JOB?
Jellyvision is at a really exciting place in its history as a company – growing like crazy and with serious goals for future growth and market expansion. Our Sales and Account Management teams have grown by over 20% in the last year. With rapid growth comes some awkward growing pains. In order to keep sprinting forward, we’ve assembled a team of superheroes across sales, marketing, and operations to join the newly created super group: Revenue Operations. This team works cross functionally across marketing, business development, sales, partnerships, and account management to keep our revenue engine running like a finely tuned machine. This team will own our customer life cycle from end to end: from the first time we talk to them through renewal.
The Revenue Operations (or RevOps) team is looking for a Senior Manager of Revenue Enablement to help diagnose, measure, codify, and educate members of the Revenue Organization.
More specifically, the Manager of Revenue Enablement will be responsible for helping Account Executives close more deals with bigger basket-sizes, helping Account Managers upsell more frequently, and aligning, tweaking, and optimizing our entire customer journey. This role is more than your run-of-the-mill Sales Enablement – we are looking for someone who understands that success is not solely defined by how many deals are closing, but also via a delightful, cohesive buying experience that makes customers, prospects, and partners enjoy doing business with us. Our mantra, after all, is: be helpful.
SO, WHAT’S THE JOB?
The Senior Manager of Revenue Enablement will be responsible for:
- The holistic view of the customer buying journey: Work closely with Revenue Leadership to carefully map our Customer’s Journey through the buying and renewal process to ensure that sales processes, collateral, messaging, training and development are – at their core – helpful to the customer. Understand the journey’s impact on customer persona, end users, and other Jellyvision teams including Legal and Implementation.
- Content utilization, management, and measurement: With Product Marketing & Creative, ensure pitch decks, collateral, and messaging are being effectively utilized and working as intended. Calibrate and ensure content fits within our Customer Journey.
- Levers and wedges: Develop the means to help progress customers through our customer journey, working closely with customer insights, operations, and marketing to develop the methodology and verifiers (signs a customer’s ready for the next step) needed to increase pipeline acceleration and conversion.
- Onboarding and decreased ramp time: Drive development, delivery, and measurement of a robust onboarding program that effectively drives down ramp time (we’re a seasonal business, and we have to get people up to speed quickly). Align training to the core competencies that make reps more productive and successful while also teasing out the similarities and differences between our cold call teams, our acquisition sales reps, and the account managers who work to retain customers.
- Training Curriculum/Continuous Learning: Own, in close collaboration with Revenue Leadership, the development, delivery and training of effective playbooks. Support our ramped reps by partnering with management and leadership teams to continue to develop their skills, making them better partners in the buying journey, and exposing them to new ideas and trends. Help facilitate a culture of collaboration by leveraging internal resources from our product, creative, and sales management teams.
- Developing and Coordinating Pre-Sales/Solution Resources: Alongside Product, Creative, and Account Management, help craft and deploy the best recipe to resolve questions and concerns related to technical configuration, security, and high-level product strategy.
- Channel Sales Enablement: Craft and codify Jellyvision’s go-to-market strategy and customer journey for our resellers and channel partners. Alongside Revenue Leadership, develop the playbook that enables Jellyvision’s Sales Reps, Account Managers, and Channel Managers to increase channel book penetration, facilitate an easier procurement process, and win more deals.
- Innovation: We don’t get better by doing what’s already being done. Help identify emerging trends in enablement that can help us be ahead of the curve. Nothing is too perfect not to be questioned, tweaked, and improved.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE LOOK LIKE?
Time Spent Selling: Overall, we want to see an improvement in the time our reps spend selling. This includes decreasing ramp time, increasing conversion rate throughout the sales cycle (so reps have more deals later in the sales cycle), and more time spent educating and selling to decision makers vs. influencers.
Maximization of the value of each sale and the long-term value of our customers: We want to make sure our reps position our products in a way that maximizes success for our prospects and customers, which, in turn, will lift the average contract value in year one. We also want to increase the long-term value we see with customers via a customer journey that makes Jellyvision and our products stickier and indispensable.
Multi-channel alignment: We are fortunate to work with amazing partners and we want to make sure we maximize their utility. We want to be the best partners to them and create a win-win situation. Our reps should become expert channel navigators – leveraging our channel partners to increase win rates, decrease procurement times, and increase number of deals per partner.
SO, WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOU?
A dot connector. We need someone who knows the difference between what the market wants and what the market needs, and who can help us figure out how our solutions can uniquely provide for those needs. You will also need to understand the complexity of our sale like no one else in the company and know how and when to collaborate internally to achieve our lofty goals.
You’re equal parts Professor and Hall of Fame Coach. You’ve spent a large part of your career (5+ years) becoming an enablement expert. You dream about sales methodologies, you can write playbooks in your sleep, and you’re no rookie when it comes to rolling out new initiatives. With this experience comes the ability to teach and coach. We are looking for someone who knows how to communicate, develop/on-board our talent, and help reps amplify their strengths and point out their weaknesses. You’ll be their go-to for triage, support, and advice.
Technical savvy. Or, at least a comfort level with discussing and understanding technical issues because, well, we’re a software company. It would be great if you have experience with Salesforce.com and Sales Enablement tools.
William Shakespeare. While we don’t need you to write in iambic pentameter, we’d love if you could write the heck out of some sales collateral, understand the way to best communicate our message, while remaining relatable and charismatic.
Outcome orientated. Understand the actions, lessons, and levers that drive the greatest results. Know where to put your time to make sure we are always moving forward.
We want killer sales instincts, but we’re hoping to find them in someone with a down-to-earth, laid back personality. Do we want someone who’s a master at overcoming objections? Yes. But we’d also really love to find someone who doesn’t run around saying things like “overcoming objections” all the time.
A phenomenal sense of humor. Yes, it will make you more effective. And it also makes a more pleasant way for the rest of us to pass the time, as we spin upon this tiny rock through the endless dark.
ANYTHING ELSE? We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
ARE THERE ANY PERKS? Yes, we love perks.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching and benefits. We pay 100% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for our employees (as long as you qualify for our tobacco-free discount; if you’re a tobacco user, your medical premiums will be higher than $0). We also cover a really nice chunk of the cost of premiums for spouse/dependent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Casual dress and a flexible schedule. Come in a sweatshirt, jeans, whatever, like everyone else here.
- Creative work environment. We are lucky to work in a place that is full of intelligent, talented and innovative folks. Although most hours the place is deathly quiet (we're a focused bunch), this is punctuated with hilarious outbursts and general merriment, which makes a nice way to spend the day.
- Charitable match and events. Like giving back? Like eating dips/baked goods and listening to music? JV matches up to $100 per employee to a single charitable organization once every calendar year! We also find fun ways to give back as a community to a variety of organizations that are important to us, by putting on charitable events such as bake sales, dip fests, battle of the bands, where all the money collected by our people goes to the organization that is being promoted! Giving back is important to us, so why not do it in a way where we can eat goodies?
- Free food. Every week, we stock our kitchen with free healthy snack foods, and we have a catered lunch every other week to give people a reason to hang out and eat together.
- Easy transportation and lots of love for folks who bike to work. We’re really close to the North/Clybourn red line stop and the Halsted (#8) bus (right by the Apple Store and Mega Whole Foods too), and we have a transit FSA that allows you to dedicate pre-tax dollars to public transportation expenses. A number of our employees like to bike to work, so we also have bike storage, showers and lockers in the office. And for those without their own bike in the city, we offer free divvy memberships – complete with Jellyvision bike helmets you can borrow from the office.
- Did we mention our yoga and meditation classes? We bring a pro instructor right to the office. Fully subsidized by Jellyvision and fully optional, btw.
- Oh! And we have a massage chair. Not just any massage chair, my friend. It’s the Renew 2 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair by Brookstone®. Feeling a little stiff? Sit down. Relax. Feel better? Good. Okay, back to work.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!