Senior Manager, Sales Enablement at Flexport
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make it easy and accessible for everyone. We’re shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology and exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, we’re experiencing record growth and are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions and people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, and the environment? Come join us.Help us grow our People Development team at Flexport.The opportunity:
The mission of the Global Enablement team is to align people, processes and technology to deliver scalable training and tools to improve the way Flexport serves its customers. We lead complex, cross-functional initiatives to improve operational productivity, realize revenue opportunities, drive talent development and further establish Flexport as the most trusted source for global supply chains.
Enablement at Flexport uses training, content, communication, systems/tools and process improvements to help our growing Sales and Client Solutions teams serve our clients with unparalleled expertise and efficiency. We ensure that these teams have the knowledge, skills, resources, and workflows to turn the complicated world of global freight shipping into an effortless user experience.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Sales Enablement programs to drive scale, structure, and consistency across our enablement programs in alignment with our overall GTM strategy. You will serve as a people leader, expanding and developing a quickly growing team.
As a successful candidate, you are a strong people leader who is self-directed in building a strategy and team. You come with enablement experience and understand how to build high-impact programs that feature best-in-class content and a blend of virtual and in-person learning experience.What you’ll do
- Identify and scope superb educational content across a range of topics: the freight and logistics industry and market, our service offerings, our software product and functionality, etc.
- Identify and scope branded client-facing collateral (email marketing, asset management experience (1-pagers), etc.) to support the sale of a diverse range of services
- Work closely with Sales leadership to identify needs, design solutions, and surface best practices
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, Operations, Customs, and Pricing & Procurement to keep the Sales team informed and prepared in a climate of constant change
- Drive the strategy and development of global AE enablement programs in partnership with senior sales leaders and other partners.
- Baseline and assess AE skills, knowledge, process and tools required to increase sales productivity at each stage of the buying process. Align development areas to role-specific learning paths.
- Help develop and deliver AE frontline manager enablement programs to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively.
- A BA/BS degree (Master’s degree preferred)
- 7 - 10 years experience in some combination of the following: Sales (strongly preferred), Training/Coaching (strongly preferred), Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, Marketing, and/or Supply Chain Logistics
- Experience with sales tools & software (Salesforce, Gong, Quip, etc.) is a strong plus
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments within a complex organization
- A demonstrated ability to design content to address a specific need or problem
- A strong sense of urgency and personal accountability (you take the initiative to make things happen)
- A passion for learning, with energy and enthusiasm to motivate and engage others
- Strong stakeholder management and cross functional collaboration experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables
- Exceptional writing chops: we value clarity and pith