Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Senior Manager, Software Sales
Duck Creek Technologies is seeking an experienced professional outside sales executive with a history of over performance in quota attainment to join our Field Sales team. As a Senior Manager at Duck Creek, you will engage with P&C Carriers, identify and establish alignment between Duck Creek’s solutions and customer’s business drivers. You will be supported by industry leading products and the best sales talent, training, tools and partners in the InsurTech industry. Our Senior Sales Managers are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching customers something new/valuable about how to compete in their market and translating that into a commercial relationship with Duck Creek. Our Senior Managers work remotely from home offices to manage all aspects of sales cycles within an assigned set of accounts.
- Win new business and develop existing accounts for a leading global provider of Core systems to the Insurance P&C industry.
- Build relationships with key influencers, develop business insight into and have informed opinions on future strategies of assigned accounts.
- Work independently and with business development resources to develop and execute prospecting strategies to identify, qualify and close new business
- Perform as self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing his/her business
- Secure and lead face-to-face meetings with business leaders and decision makers including “C” level executives within our target marketplace
- Deliver compelling customer presentations and proposals that expertly articulate the Duck Creek Value Proposition and how it supports the prospect’s strategic objectives
- Develop, maintain and grow an ongoing sales pipeline
- Maintain current and accurate information on account status and sales activity in SalesForce.com
- Manage the account development and opportunity pursuit process from initial assignment through close using Salesforce CRM.
- Accurately forecast new bookings.
- Develop and deploy strategies for securing new accounts.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Duck Creek consultative and solution selling process.
- Apply solution and Challenger-based sales skills to manage sales cycles
- Minimum of 5 years successful sales experience; direct experience in the enterprise software and InsurTech space is preferred
- Sales experience must demonstrate ability to exceed sales targets. A strong understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale is required
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply proven sales methodologies
- Possess ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Ability to gain access to and build trusting relationships with executive levels of an organization and interact with senior level corporate management
- Must be comfortable with the product value proposition and speaking to technical and non-technical executives alike
- Operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude
- Superior time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Negotiate effectively balancing value and time to close
- High levels of business/financial acumen and emotional intelligence
- Possess the ability to understand complex client strategies and tactical requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions that deliver value
- Possess understanding of current web and cloud technologies
- The ability to develop and sustain critical relationships across client and prospect base is essential
- Must have proven ability to expertly use common desktop office and business technologies
- Exceptional overall communication skills
- Willingness to travel (30-50% plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred