Senior Mid-Market Account Executive at Smokeball
Who We Are:
Named a Best Workplace by both Crain’s and Inc. Magazine, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious SaaS Account Executives that are looking to make a significant impact to a growing company and set themselves up with clear career progression. This position is for hunters – high-volume prospecting, calling, and closing the sale are all a part of the daily activities. Familiar with SME & Mid-Market cadence, we look for proven, self-starting reps who can deliver activity and revenue numbers - who take it upon themselves to bring in 80% of their business on their own, through consistent targeted outreach. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include:
- Prospecting for potential clients and leveraging outreach strategies in consistent blocks
- Leading with Insight and delivering Commercial teachings that inform better bottom-line outcomes
- Scheduling/presenting demos of our Platform across multiple stakeholder functions
- Building a positive relationship with prospects and closing new clients
- Attending industry events to promote and sell Smokeball
Who You Are:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed in our handbook, and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small love firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind, and mad ping-pong skills (okay, not a requirement but definitely a plus).
What You Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience in SaaS sales (small to mid-size businesses preferred)
- A proactive nature- “Effort above Obligation” mindset
- Proven ability to consistently hit outbound call, connect, and revenue numbers
- Strong consultative / discovery skills with the ability to problem-find and build powerful business cases
- A structured approach to daily cadence, KPI’s, and the ability to adopt proven frameworks
- Exposure to Strategic Selling; Challenger, Miller Heiman, Solution Selling, SPIN selling.
- Experience selling to law firms or professional services industries is a plus
- A hunger for learning, 10/10 coachability, and passion for SaaS sales
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM solutions, GoToMeeting, Zoom, Clearslide, Slack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology
- Your DNA: Humble, top-performer, team player, self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with a growing/changing environment, fun yet professional
- Culture: Crain’s 2019 Best Workplaces & Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave, WFH opportunities
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: Both in the office and at fun bars in the area
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in downtown Chicago