Senior Partner, C&IP at West Monroe
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe Partners (WMP) has an immediate opportunity for a seasoned leader to join our Consumer & Industrial Products (C&IP) practice and Chicago office. This industry is confronting immense change: digital transformation, changing customer expectations, and new evolving business models and technologies.
This Senior Partner level role will be expected to successfully sell and create value into clients and attract and retain employees with expertise in the Consumer & Industrial Products industry. Today, our C&IP team focuses on serving both the Consumer (vertically integrated brand manufacturers) and Industrial Products segments, with a particular focus on Industry 4.0, Operational Technology, Manufacturing, Business Products & Services, & Industrial Equipment
Experience in consumer and industrial products is required for this role, as industry insights and capabilities delivered by the practice include digital, field services, after sales & service, demand planning & scheduling, and analytics in support of key manufacturing and operational processes.
This role entails significant responsibility in developing new business, national industry strategy leadership, managing client relationships with C-level executives, while providing hands-on guidance and direction to project teams.
Most importantly, candidates should be passionate about what they do and enjoy a fun, entrepreneurial environment. We are seeking candidates with more than fifteen years of experience in the Consumer & Industrial Products industry. Candidate must possess executive level/business decision making access to an existing client base in the target market.
Partners at West Monroe Partners must possess proven and repeatable experience in the three main areas of responsibility:
- Cultivate new and existing business development opportunities for the Consumer & Industrial Products Practice
- Significant generation of weekly prospecting/networking activities (events, meetings, phone calls, emails) in the pursuit of new client acquisition and brand awareness
- Originate and manage business development opportunities and sales cycle with prospective clients
- Actively leverage a previously built professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Actively participate in relevant business and industry organizations
- Excellent understanding of client’s business needs turning those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Participate and lead the development of proposals, work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for project prospects
- Effectively partner with the Business Development and Marketing team to lead and drive marketing campaigns.
- Ability to create effective go-to-market strategies while driving the development/enhancement of WMP’s methodologies, best practices and approaches to client delivery
- Ability to lead, mentor and grow consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
- Understand source-to-consumer strategies giving our clients the latest information on trends and issues affecting its industry
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for additional practice managers and consultants
- Entrepreneurial desire and selflessness to give your time, energy, and passion to growing the firms culture and our people both inside and outside of office hours
- Proven experience leading tip of spear analysis (4-8 weeks) across C&IP value stream that results in an implementation (30+weeks) to deliver the benefits identified in the assessment
- Deliver to our client’s customer experience consulting services as it relates to transformative capabilities in the four different lenses (people, process, technology, strategy)
- Participate and lead engagements by communicating and reporting project status to C-level executives and IT management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Report project budget and finances both internally and for clients
- Mentor and manage teams of younger consultants to ensure quality of delivery and to keep projects on time and budget
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to take on the accountability of driving projects to completion
- Analyze each client's specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
- Experience in Consumer & Industrial Products and Food Products Industries driving improvements in manufacturing operational technology, asset management, supply chain, revenue growth, and logistics
- Experience selling and delivering work in Consumer & Industrial Products market. Proven track record of value creation to clients, preferably in manufacturing and/or material and labor efficiencies
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology preferred, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a relevant consulting group or practice in the Chicago market in the past 3 years
- Strong business development and an active professional network of relevant executive-level contacts in the local market
- Experience in developing business solutions supported by data analytics and technology (such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning)
- Experience building practice capabilities around data analytics and predictive analytics using AI and machine learning
- Experience applying predictive analytics to quality control, predictive maintenance, multivariate demand forecasting, automated customer segmentation, and continuous throughput optimizatio
- Functional knowledge of industrial / consumer / food manufacturing value chain and supply chain
- Functional knowledge and application of predictive analytics using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning/Deep Learning for manufacturing use cases in predictive – scheduling/inventory, quality, maintenance, and costs/margins.
- M&A and/or Private Equity experience strongly preferred
- Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Industry designated certifications is a plus
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%+ is required
- Must demonstrate willingness to occasionally put in the extra effort (extended work hours, participate in events outside of standard working hours) for client, company and personal success
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.