Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Network Solutions, a business development arm of Discover Global Network, provides a full suite of payment options in the consumer and commercial space. Our global network provides a powerful platform for a variety of use cases, including commercial payments, prepaid and white label credit card programs. The robust commercial payments platform supports B2B vendor payments with midsize to large global companies. The prepaid programs support a variety of verticals from traditional gift, incentive and disbursement cards to gaming, payroll/benefits, college campus programs and more. White label credit supports private label, dual brand and other general purpose credit cards.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for discovering, pursuing, and developing new logo sales opportunities through effective networking with appropriate industry and FinTech companies including program managers, processors, issuers, and other key relationships.
- Serves a strategic role in increasing Network Solutions transaction volume and revenue generation by selling new Commercial Payments, Prepaid, and Credit programs.
How You’ll Do It
- Actively seek out and cultivate new logo sales opportunities through networking to increase transaction volume and revenue.
- Negotiate/close deals and handle complaints or objections.
- Actively identify and establish business development activities with external industry partners.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on new Commercial Payments, Prepaid, and Credit programs.
- Collaborate with internal teams to conduct market research and gather feedback from customers or prospects to identify, develop, and implement new sales opportunities.
- Participate in industry exhibitions and conferences.
- Travel up to 50%
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Business Development, or Related
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience in Sales, Account Management, Business Development, or Related
Bonus Points If You Have
- Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Business Development in Fintech, Credit, Debit, Prepaid, and/or Commercial Payments
- 4+ years of Payments Industry experience with Program Manager and/or Issuer Focus
- Proven expertise working in a senior level sales/business development role (in a “Hunter” capacity) within commercial payments/prepaid/white label credit card programs
- Excellent communication/negotiation skills (ability to influence at all levels)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.