Ensono is a leading, large-scale provider of Information Technology outsourcing solutions from mainframe to public and private cloud-based infrastructures. We serve mid-tier to large commercial enterprises and public-sector clients with complex IT environments. Ensono is an application-aware, Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider helping clients optimize, rationalize, and transform their legacy IT estates into a modern cloud-based environment. We are a privately-held firm growing organically at more than 10% YoY with aggressive investment plans to add depth and breadth to our portfolio of capabilities. The Gartner Group says, “Ensono is one of the top two mainframe service providers and a top ten provider of data center outsourcing services in North America…helping clients transform to a more standardize and ultimately, cloud-based delivery.” Ensono is named a Top 15 Sourcing Services provider for the last 12 straight quarter. Ensono is the 2018 and 2020 Microsoft MSP Partner of the Year, AWS Premier Managed Service Partner, the 2nd largest Mainframe-as-a-Service provider in the US. Our company and community focus on the philosophy of winning together. The right candidate will have a true partnership with all pillars of our business as we work as a team to grow.
What You Will Do
The Advisory Relations Manager (ARM) is a key integral part of the North American Channel and Alliances team reporting to the Sr. Director of Channels & Alliances. This role will be primarily responsible for initiating and supporting Ensono’s relationships with Third-Party Outsourcing Advisors, Management Consultants, SI’s, and restructuring advisors. Responsibilities include partner evaluation, evangelizing, business plan vision, and attainment to support qualified lead generation and ultimately booked revenues. As those leads develop into active sales pursuits, you will be expected to support the pursuit team by providing access to the advisors and ensuring our value proposition is communicated effectively.
As a seasoned professional, you will combine your wide range of experiences and leverage Ensono subject matter experts and senior sales leadership to employ modern, creative communication strategies to engage our target advisors. You will position Ensono as a trusted service provider and be involved in appropriate advisors’ client opportunities. Part of that communication strategy will include the opportunity to lead and execute partner briefings and workshops and to facilitate executive alignment. You will also be responsible for planning for investments, developing budgets that reflect an ROI, and actively managing those budgets for maximum effectiveness.
Critical success criteria will center around brand awareness, elevate the Ensono relationship with key strategic advisory firs as well as lead generation and leads qualified into pursuit opportunities.
Key activities include:
- Identification and qualification of opportunities to leverage your relationship with the advisors in new and existing clients in North America
- Ongoing account planning to facilitate meaningful dialogs with key advisors in the strategic and tiered target firms
- Creative thinking and actions to introduce new Ensono services, clients, and value propositions
- You will need to clearly understand and articulate our go-to-market strategy across both vertical and horizontal planes and have a strong working relationship with our product and service teams and senior leadership
- Establish a regular cadence with our target advisors to maintain and advance relationships and discuss pipeline opportunities
- Work with Ensono field sales to connect them to advisors in the markets they serve and drive potential leads
- Support and advise senior sales leadership by reporting on the state of the advisor channel and forecasting activities
What you will need:
- Minimum ten years’ experience related to the advisor relations market, third party outsourcing, technology outsourcing sales, business development, and opportunity generation
- Existing working relationships with strategic outsourcing advisory firms and influential key advisors
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Direct experience in advisor relations, either working as an advisor in a sourcing advisory firm or working in advisor relations for a service provider
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual, and financial issues and written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills and proficient skills in PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, and other communications tools
- Aptitude for understanding how technology solutions impact business challenges and the ability to help the advisor visualize those impacts on their clients’ situation
- Program and campaign management skills
- Demonstrative teamwork skills and how to influence throughout the organization
What will set you apart:
- References from Advisory Services firm and key Advisors
- Existing relationships and contacts that will quickly drive robust interactions
- Understanding of advisor organization, 2021 client focus areas and pain points, and critical 2021 customer initiatives
- Partner or client Industry/vertical experience in BFSI, Healthcare, State and Local Government, Utilities, and Manufacturing areas
- Experience in IT infrastructure transformation engagements
- Experience with advisors and their channel programs
- Experience with advisory partnership strategies and programs
- Mastery of legacy IT such as IBM mainframe and mid-range with linkage to modern platforms like public cloud as part of digital transformation
- Existing partner and client relationships that will drive robust interaction with the Advisory community
Travel to various partner sites and Ensono locations estimated at 25%.