NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago’s south side. NowPow’s multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals – social workers, physicians, justice workers – to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and also directly support patients, members, and clients in their own self-care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
The Senior Sales Account Executive (SAE) will create and win revenue opportunities in the healthcare payer and health plans sectors in assigned areas. The SAE will have a deep understanding of the healthcare marketplace, particularly the relationship between payer, provider, and member, and understand the ecosystems in which they operate, the drivers and motivators of access, and the key decision-makers. The SAE will be responsible for representing all facets of NowPow’s Personalized Referral solution, services, and vision throughout the entire sales process. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, thrives in a fast-moving environment, enjoys maintaining an active pipeline, and has a passion for helping people get the care they need.
- Build, maintain and manage a sales pipeline of payers and health plans to achieve sales objectives and revenue goals
- Effectively communicate the value and impact of NowPow technology solutions to current and prospective customers
- Act as the primary contact for accounts and develop strategic level relationships with decision-makers
- Manage the full sales cycle, working with clients and internal teams, assisting with the management and development of contractual documents up to and through sale close
- Facilitate and coordinate account hand-off to Customer Success account management team, including the transition to the Implementation and Product management team
- Present product solutions and product demonstrations, participate in technical discussions/due diligence, executive discussions, web seminars, and related sales activities
- Prepare, present and coordinate product proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and related sales documents when needed
- Coordinate all sales activities with marketing and business operations regarding account status, follow up activities, leads to pursue, product literature, outcome, win-loss, and related sales support tasks
- Ability to travel (15-20%) when required
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record of successful growth and quota achievement
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadlines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software products selling directly to health plan payers
- Consistent track record of quota achievement, year after year in the payer space
- Demonstrable experience successfully selling to VP and C-level health plan leaders
- Basic understanding of sales contact (CRM) database(s) with the ability to maintain contacts, updates, and progress electronically
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Commitment to social impact initiatives and helping underserved communities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game – and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities, and general treatment during employment.