Senior Sales Manager, Membership
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) is expanding our team! Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Sales Manager, Membership position offers an extraordinary opportunity to drive sales for a high growth organization while becoming ingrained in the Chicago technology industry.
The successful candidate will manage ITA’s core revenue generating activities – membership and sponsorship sales by generating and implementing a sales plan that expands our reach and presence. With over 400 of Chicago’s top technology companies as members today, the ITA represents a high profile and ideal platform for a candidate to become a key influencer and member of the Chicago tech scene.
ITA is looking for a candidate who can demonstrate a passion and ability for driving networking and sales activities, which will advance the ITA’s reach further into the tech community.
We’re looking for a smart, likable, process-driven sales professional who is ready for increased autonomy and a larger sphere of influence in their role.
The Senior Sales Manager, Membership is responsible for:
- Identifying prospects by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locating and proposing potential business deals by contacting potential members / sponsors to discover and explore opportunities.
- Driving the prospect tracking and reporting process within the Association’s CRM system; must be meticulous about tracking every engagement and touchpoint.
- Developing a deep understanding of the association’s products, services, capabilities, and have capacity to help shape the future value proposition of the organization.
- The sourcing, selling, and closing of deals. Plan approaches and pitches. Leads the organization to develop proposals that speak to the prospect’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Identifying opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in member recruitment.
- Coordinate and leverage the CEO, Chairman and Board of Directors (who are Chicago tech leaders themselves) to help scale sales efforts and close on opportunities.
Skills you must have
- An understanding of the structure and business market of the high-tech industries. Knowledge of and a passion for (and proven skills in selling to) the technology and technology enabled services ecosystem.
- The proven ability to be a self-starter who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and who pursues objectives with passion and intensity. Constantly looks for things to do. Self-confident and proactive; generates activity for themselves rather than waiting for instruction.
- Must be able to thrive in a highly autonomous position while also working effectively with team members toward the larger picture.
- Serious people skills. You’ll need to make a strong first impression, and then maintain active engagement with new and existing leads by being creative in your follow up efforts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt style and content; meets demands of the situation and audience. Communicates clearly and effectively uses well-structured, logical arguments.
- Relationship builder. Has the ability to balance the need to shape outcomes in short term while maintaining successful long-term relationships. Knows how to motivate and inspire to achieve a common goal and demonstrates key strategic negotiation tactics.
- High integrity and intelligence, outstanding maturity, excellent judgment, and an ability to generate trust with the tech community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of experience in sales and account management
Illinois Technology Association (ITA) scales Illinois tech companies. With innovative resources that allow members to collaborate with each other, build their talent networks and elevate their local and national presence, ITA is growing the local tech community. Founded in 2005 and supporting 500+ growth-stage tech companies, ITA has a rich history of driving business forward. For more information, visit illinoistech.org, follow @ITAbuzz on Twitter or find us on LinkedIn.