Senior Sales Operations Analyst at Morningstar
The Team: Morningstar’s Global Sales Operations team is responsible for sales reporting, forecasting and analysis as well as oversight of Salesforce.com and variable sales compensation plans. The team works with the executive sales team and global sales managers & sales reps to support business strategies and objectives and to help the sales organization run effectively and efficiently.
The Role: Morningstar’s Global Sales Operations team seeks a Senior Sales Operations Analyst to support our global sales organization. In this role you will be an important partner to our sales executives and managers providing critical pipeline analysis and decision support to help distill sales data from Salesforce.com. In this role you will also work closely with sales, finance, HR, internal audit and IT on matters concerning variable sales compensation, financial controls and best practices. This position reports to the Director of Global Sales Operations and is based in our Chicago office.
• Consult with sales leadership to forecast and analyze our sales pipeline
• Design and administer variable sales compensation plans across our global sales teams
• Manage the quarterly variable sales compensation cycle
• Manage team and individual sales performance KPIs
• Project-manage sales performance management software implementation
• Manage sales territory and account planning process
• Establish Salesforce.com and Tableau reporting best practices across sales organization
• Minimum of 4 years of sales reporting & analysis experience with a bachelor’s degree
• Candidates should be highly motivated team players with strong analytical and communication skills
• Ability to lead discussions with sales executive and management teams
• Experience managing and administering sales compensation plans
• Solid experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Excel
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.