Senior Solution Architect at Ensono
Ensono is a leading, large-scale provider of infrastructure services serving mid-tier to large enterprise clients. 451 Research says, “it is one of the few providers that bridges the old world with the new era of IT. These services are often designed around the outcomes and objectives of clients, rather than the underlying infrastructure building blocks.” Ensono’s mission is to deliver technology solutions that enable our clients to be great at what they do. Ensono provides managed IT services and solutions spanning mainframe and midrange to hyperscale cloud that address our clients’ current needs while anticipating and engineering solutions for the ever-changing demands of tomorrow. We are trusted by some of the world’s most successful companies being tenacious in delivering on our commitments and highly flexible. Covering the breadth of technology platforms, the pre-sales Solutions Architect is responsible for creating solutions that propel our clients’ businesses forward. Ensono has approximately 2,200 associates and is headquartered in Downers Grove, IL just outside Chicago. Ensono also has presence in Omaha, NE; Conway, AR; Staines, UK, Pune and Chennai India, and Gdańsk, Poland. Our company and community is one that focuses on the philosophy of we win together. Ensono associates build strong partnerships and a commitment to win across all pillars of our business.
We are looking for Sr. Solution Architects to join our team. If you are excited and driven to work in a faced paced environment with senior-level technologists to solve our clients’ business challenges, then Ensono may be the right choice for you
- Experienced communicator at all levels of our client environments from C-level to engineering.
- Well versed in the hosting technology landscape with 10+ years of overall experience.
- Previous experience in technical pre-sales solutions architecture/engineering, or a technical oriented innovation evangelist in IT transformation technologies.
- Experienced with hybrid/private cloud, IaaS, and datacenter outsourcing solutions.
- Conversant in hyperscale cloud platforms (AWS/Azure).
- Ability to create multi-tower outsourcing roadmaps.
- Domain expertise preferably across multiple platform towers spanning hybrid/private/public cloud and distributed systems
- Comfortable with executive level positioning of complex solutions that span multiple disciplines such as migration, hosting, network, security, storage, backup and DR
Our customer focus in managing business complexity distinguishes us from competitors. From current platforms to evolving technologies and everything in between, we deliver results for our clients by flawlessly executing infrastructure operations so our clients can focus on what they do best. We are looking for talented individuals who share this passion.
- Collaborate with peers, sales, consulting, finance, legal, product, and operations to create highly competitive solutions
- Build complex solution costing models including both standard and custom elements, including but not limited to hardware, software, transition and migration, support labor, and 3rd party support services
- Build and own the solution story verbally and written, internally and client facing
- Own the solution from concept through successful handoff to implementation
- Confidence to model solutions with partial client data making practical assumptions and caveats as the solution progresses
- Own solution documentation through the lifecycle ensuring client proposals and contracts reflect scope, assumptions, and caveats both verbal and written
- Confidently present complex solutions to technical audiences and distill the solution into practical business language for non-technical buyers
- Gain clients' confidence as a trusted advisor by offering consultation and recommendations drawn from insights, technology know-how and past experiences
- Align product management to help drive appropriate product enhancements and changes to technology roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer sciences
- Major Industry accreditations / certifications
- 10+ years of experience as an architect/engineer, technical oriented innovation evangelist in IT transformation technologies, or equivalent
- Proven experience in managing complex solution cycles through the entire lifecycle
- Experience/exposure to hyperscale cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) preferred
- Well versed in the hosting technology landscape including compute, storage, backup, network, security, DR, DevOps and IT governance
- Good understanding of the sales process for large and complex opportunities including IT outsourcing
- Resourceful in crisis and expectation management while remaining calm and confident under pressure
- Has experience in technical documentation to capture solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability
- Ability to share knowledge and expertise among various organizations within the company and to facilitate teamwork among those organizations to better serve our clients
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem solving skills
- Proficient with common office applications such as MS Outlook, MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Visio
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability to travel up to 25% and more during key development cycles
- Independent, driven, self-directed, results oriented
- Respect for the individual
- Strong presentation & communication skills
- Team player
- Able to question status quo in a constructive manner