Sprout Social is looking for a collaborative Senior Solutions Engineer to support our Enterprise sales team who is sales and marketing savvy, has a confident presence, and loves working with prospects and customers in a fast-paced environment.
Our Solutions Engineers are the technical counterparts to our Account Executive team. Our ideal candidate has previous experience with SaaS based applications or social media management experience, is comfortable being customer facing and can work collaboratively with their peers.
You will have come from either a sales/pre-sales, professional services, or a digital marketing background as well as have a natural technical curiosity and can understand the sometimes complex changes and discussions around the network APIs. You should also possess the ability to take a complex topic and make it easily understood to your audience.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Make-A-Wish Foundation, Chicago Bulls, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 3+ years of tech/SaaS experience in a Solutions Engineer role partnering with Account Executives and selling into Enterprise customers
- Experience demonstrating a software platform (Making presentations)
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Understanding of social networks (in particular Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) and social media strategy for large organizations
- Experience presenting to Marketing and Social Media Professionals including Directors/VPs of Marketing and CMOs.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects and simultaneously support the Sales team
- Understanding of all components of a software sales process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Solutions Engineering to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Shadow Solutions Engineers on calls and demos to learn sales strategies and positioning.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Complete a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 month, you will…
- Regularly meet with your Account Executives to define a relationship that ensures seamless communication and coordination on all net new business generation and expansion opportunities.
- Begin to conduct demos on your own with minimal oversight. You will consult with prospects and customers to identify their business goals and objectives and translate their needs into actionable next steps.
Within 6 month, you will…
- Be highly confident in demoing our platform and will apply the “Demonstration to Win” methodology for all of your demos.
- Fully grasp the various use cases for social media - brand awareness, customer care, lead generation, etc.
- Successfully position our solution against any number of competitors.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 month, you will…
- Be someone who is held in high regard by their peers and the Account Executives you support.
- Be a contributor to the broader Solutions Engineering team and help to create training materials for the Sales team and onboard new Solutions Engineers.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, and advocacy solutions to more than 25,000 brands and agencies worldwide. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and building elegant, sophisticated software. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Chicago, we are a team of 700 people located across more than 25 cities worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Chicago, Sprout has offices in Seattle and Dublin.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit offerings like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best whether you are in an office or working remotely
- State of the art offices in cities where Sprout has physical locations (Chicago and Seattle) for those that prefer an office setting
- Solid programs in some of the staples: medical coverage, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application. If your state is listed, we're good to move forward. If not, we're not able to hire in your state at this time. If you'd like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we'll save your application for possible future consideration.