The Senior Vice President of Sales is an experienced and results-driven leader responsible for strategically managing SDI’s Managed and Advisory Services sales function. The major focus of the role is on driving new, profitable opportunities and sustainable growth from leads/prospects and target accounts. The Senior Vice President of Sales is responsible for building and leading a team to consistently deliver (or exceed) sales targets which enable the business to provide high-quality projects on time, within budget, and with an eye on margins.
- Lead SDI’s strategic sales organization to support the firm’s objectives for growth and geographic expansion
- Develop and nurture long-term business relationships with key clients, client prospects, and partners at the executive level to drive awareness of and preference for the SDI brand and capabilities
- Build a territory structure, identify key prospects for Managed services, consulting, and IT solutions within them, and leverage the sales team to provide coverage to SDI’s current (and in some cases) prospective clients
- Develop a consistent and measurable rigor, cadence, and accountability within the sales team, including establishing sales quotas, adopting an improved, incentive-based compensation program, driving daily/monthly sales cadence, and implementing key metrics to track progress
- Implement meaningful sales tools to include market share, competitor, opportunity analysis, and capture plans
- Build a channel partner organization responsible for partner-led sales growth
- Play a “player/coach” role – supporting and driving the sales team while owning and achieving personal sales goals
- Ensure a seamless transition from sales to post-sales activities, working in coordination with SDI’s delivery management to achieve strategic corporate goals
- Partner with the SDI Solutions/Engineering team to provide client feedback to improve solutions
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned, leading to SDI’s growth
- 15+ years of experience in a business development role including 5+ years managing the sales function and teams
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university
- Experience in State & Local public sector and utilities
- Extensive and established book of business in public and private sector IT management consulting, systems integration, managed services, and/or cloud services
- Proven ability to drive large complex sales pursuits to successful closure
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and leading a team of sales professionals; including using a variety of approaches to help others develop to their fullest potential
- Experience in driving a sales team utilizing a CRM tool (e.g., SAP Business ByDesign) to plan and drive profitability and growth, winning new accounts with sustainable and profitable client relationships
- 10+ years of experience in mid-to-large size IT consulting or professional services firm
- Experience in collaboratively working with cross-functional Solutions, Marketing, and Delivery teams for the collective success of SDI and our clients
- Proficient with Office tools to be able to build sales presentations and reports as required
- Results-oriented, self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills, demonstrated by public speaking and writing
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the leader for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.