Services Account Executive at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
This role is part of the Customer Outcomes team. Our purpose is to accelerate platform adoption and drive customer business outcomes. We do this through a portfolio of services, delivered by world-class consultants, training and success professionals, our leading practices, methodologies, and tools, as well as our ecosystem of partners.
What you get to do in this role:
As a ServiceNow Services Account Executive, you will be responsible for selling a portfolio of service offerings designed to help our customers successfully adopt the products they have purchased and ultimately achieve the business outcomes they expected from utilizing our products. These service offerings include our Impact success offering, product implementation services, and training. The Services Account Executive is well-versed in services and post-sales adoption strategies. They are a trusted advisor to the account team and our customers for successful implementation, adoption, and value realization. A quota carrying role, the Services Account Executive owns the Services sales strategy by proactively creating demand for new Services opportunities and partnering with the ServiceNow Sales team and our partners to develop and successfully execute Services sales opportunities for their assigned territory.
- Collaborate with software sales account teams, Customer Outcomes team members, and our eco-system of delivery partners
- Develop and execute a services sales strategy in the designated territory with a target account list
- Proactively create new Services opportunities (Impact, Implementation Services, and Training) in both new and installed base customers
- Create pipeline and manage end-to-end forecasting process for Services opportunities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer by understanding their existing and future digital transformation roadmap and driving the right mix of ServiceNow services to meet their needs
- Arrange and conduct Executive and CxO services-related discussions in alignment with the account strategy
- Lead extended team in solutioning and scoping, and proposal development
- Execute value-based selling methodology for Impact, Implementation Services, and Training opportunities
- 7+ years of experience in selling professional services and/or solutions in the software industry
- Consultative sales experience is required
- Ability to build and collaborate strong relationships within the internal and external ecosystem, ensuring proper engagement with core teams and customers
- Excellent communication skills analytical skills and thorough understanding of cloud application technology and trends
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding quota and key success metrics
- Ability to segment account list and identify appropriate investment of resources
- Cross-functional teamwork skills. Able to handle tough conversations and challenging meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Display a balance of strategic and tactual skills with a high level of intellectual agility
- Strong focus on ownership and execution against deadlines while managing multiple opportunities at a time
- BA/BS degree is desired
- Travel required up to 50%
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.