SMB Account Executive
Sprout Social is looking for ambitious and tech savvy SMB Account Executives to join our highly driven sales team. As an Account Executive, you will execute our sales process and close new business within our small to mid-size business segment.
Joining the SMB Sales team is an opportunity to strengthen your career in sales. Contributing at a high level as a SMB Account Executive will open opportunities to propel your career through our growing sales organization.
Our Sales team works with more than 19,000 brands around the world. Companies like Adobe, Pivotal Labs, Google, Marvel, and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
- Strategize, negotiate and close business on a monthly cycle
- Identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored recommendations for the Sprout Social platform
- Prioritize leads, research prospects and position Sprout Social within the context of lead’s business requirements
- Thoroughly qualify all leads and sales opportunities
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to close new business
- Exceed activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis
- Maximize values of leads by achieving high win rates and contract sizes
Desired Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years sales or account management experience in the technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- SaaS sales experience is desirable, specifically B2B products
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Experience making open-ended discovery calls
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Demonstrated understanding and application of effective selling strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and be a team player
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is an equal opportunity employer. Anyone seeking employment here is considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, Illinois, or local law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!