Solution Architect ( Northeast Region) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
Technical Authority providing technical leadership for the project implementation. Works with customer to understand solutions needs and functionality of MSI and third party applications. Takes ownership of the technical solution from pre and post-sale. Works with the project manager to develop the project deployment schedule. Identify technical risks of the projects and works with PM on mitigation plans. Identify customer expectation mismatch to how products work and works with PM on mitigation plans. Technical counterpart with the PM in third party vendor, customer, and internal facing meetings. Owns project change control as it pertains to the overall technical solution.
- Be passionate about owning deliverables and driving them forward and ultimately closure.
- Be a collaborator and easily build a network of subject matter experts.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience
- More than willing to lead, but also know when to follow.
- Experience with complex projects. Know how to have fun even in times of pressure.
- Public Safety Domain experience; knowledge of operations and workflow within dispatch communications, mobile fleets, law records and jail.
- Preference will be given to those with familiarity with Motorola's public safety software products, particularly with Spillman Flex.
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
- At least 5+ years of professional experience in a high tech environment
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.