If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as 9-1-1 call handling, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings
Preferred candidate location - Central US or Southern US Region
The Emergency Call Handling (ECH) Solution Architect will report to the Regional Emergency Call Handling Director and will be responsible for all ECH Solution Architect activities within the region. The ECH Solution Architect is ultimately accountable for the detail operational design of the system being implemented from equipment to call flow to Network and as such is considered the Design Authority on small to medium sized projects.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for conducting detailed Call Flow design meetings and site walks with the Project Team, Sales Engineers, Channel Partners and customers. The ECH Solution Architect will design the customer’s call flow solution based on the customer’s requirements and provide advice information on the benefits and risks of possible solutions.
Our product integration includes applications, directory services, IP and telephony networking, security, servers, and storage across several hardware and virtualization platforms. The ECH Solution Architect will work closely with our customers and project teams at various stages of project deployments to provide expert consultation, detailed call flow documentation, cabinet drawings and infrastructure solutions to enable quality Emergency Call Handling implementations.
- Starting with attending a ‘hand-off from Sales’ meeting, verifies, gathers and documents the complete project requirements from Sales, Solution Engineering and the Customer. This includes Network and 3’rd party requirements.
- Performs Site walks (remote or onsite) to confirm solution requirements and assess installation environment
- Responsible for leading the detailed Operational Call Flow Design meetings with the project team and customer, either on site or remotely
- Accountable for the completion of the detailed Post Sales Design document (VESTA) or Cabinet layout drawings (CallStation) for submission to the teams responsible for staging systems and the project team members that will be configuring the system.
- As requested, participates in and ensure the successful cutover of Motorola ECH solutions.
- Participation in the development and approval of Methods of Procedure
- Ensures that project specific documentation is stored as appropriate
- Maintain subject matter expert skills
Specific Knowledge / Skills:
● Bachelor's degree desired.
● 5+ plus years deployment and integration of complex IP products and systems
● Experience with installation, administration and troubleshooting of:
○ Server Virtualization, specifically with VMWare ESXi v.6+ and\or Microsoft Hyper-V 2012+
○ Database Servers, specifically with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2\2012\2016
○ Server Operating Systems, specifically Windows Server 2008 R2\2012\2012 R2\2016
○ Network (both IP and Telco) switching routing and familiarity with Network protocols
○ Storage Systems (SAN\NAS\DAS)
○ Server Hardware, including blade servers
● Previous experience in Public Safety Applications deployment and integration and/or operations and administration.
● Experience leading highly complex projects.
● Exercises judgment in selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
● Ability to work collaboratively with MSI cross functional regional management.
● Ability to effectively communication with relevant peer and senior stakeholders including the customer.
● Ability to apply critical thinking skills to solve problems and make decisions
● Displays courtesy and sensitivity
● Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
● Solicits customer feedback to improve service
5+ plus years deployment and integration of complex IP products and systems
Experience with installation, administration and troubleshooting of Servers.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.