Solution Architect at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe IP Networking Practice Office (IPNPO) team, part of the Motorola Engineering Practice, provides Pre-Sale consultation and Post-Sale implementation Network Engineering services for ASTRO 25 and adjacent technologies. Mobile Backhaul network solutions for Public Safety, Federal, State and local government agencies are critical elements to the overall system design and performance. The IPNPO is also responsible for developing, maintaining and delivering standard design and best practice documentation, processes and Training.
This position is responsible for the architectural network design of mobile backhaul solutions for ASTRO 25 and adjacent technologies for Federal, State and local government agencies requiring highly secure, easily managed, mission critical IP networks.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Consult with Pre-Sale Design team to set strategy, direction and costing
- Lead and define technical network architecture designs for ASTRO 25 mobile backhaul networks
- Lead and define technical network architecture designs for adjacent technologies mobile backhaul networks
- Create and document detailed network drawings
- Continually evaluate third party vendor equipment used in our portfolio
- Work with third party vendors/contractors to ensure delivery of requirements set forth by the design
- Lead the engineering community in best practices for network designs
- Network topology assessments and troubleshooting
- Good understanding of effective network design methodologies
- Experience with troubleshooting and assessing live networks
- Minimum preferred certifications: Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA), Nokia Routing Specialist I (NRS I) or equivalent
- Experience with routing protocols: BGP, OSPF, ISIS and others as needed
- Experience with MPLS design and deployments
- Experience with LAN switching protocols: G8032 ring protection
- Experience with Manufacture Hardware: Juniper, Nokia, HP, Fortinet
- Knowledge of different media types: Metro Ethernet, Frame-Relay, Ethernet, SONET.
- Knowledge of physical layer such as: fiber, Copper, Microwave.
- Experience in scripting/programming is a plus.
- Experience with Motorola ASTRO 25 architecture a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google applications required
- Experience with use of command line and/or GUI interfaces to provision equipment
- Experience with Network Management Applications a plus: Solarwinds, JUNO-Space, Nokia SAM/NFM-P, Provision
- Self motivated, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Works collaboratively and builds relationships with other colleagues, customers, and third party service professionals.
- Ability to travel as needed with limited notice (25-50%)
- Can be located in office or remote.
- Bachelor's (BS) Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 5+ years experience in IP networking
- OR 7+ years of experience in Engineering or Solution Architect
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.