Solution Consultant, Platform
Solution Consultant, Platform
Location: Chicago, IL
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
As a member of our pre-sales team you will have a major impact on our future success. Customers have successfully extended ServiceNow Solutions or created high value business processes using ServiceNow Platform to support their journey towards digital transformation. Members of this team will have an opportunity to grow this business from the ground floor, along with support from the product management, executive team, and sales.
The Solution Consultant – Platform role is a customer facing domain expert, that drives innovative business solutions with our customers, by applying technical and business skills. This role partners with the sales, solution consulting peers and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions. The role also may require demonstration and prototyping of platform capabilities, and in select cases identify the specific requirements needed to develop innovative application prototypes. The Solution Consultant – Platform will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force, and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers.
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their application development needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of rapid application development on the platform
- Partner with the sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness.
- Develop and enhance application prototypes on the ServiceNow platform both independently, and as the lead solution consultant on a team
- Demonstrate to customers and prospects the experience of developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Conduct business process and/or technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Contribute to and help maintain an asset library of applications developed on the platform
- Interact with the ServiceNow community as a thought leader on developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Scope and develop application development Proof of Concepts/prototypes with prospective customers
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
What you need to be successful in this role:
- 5 years’ experience as a solution/sales engineering or a consultant for a software company
- College Degree (or equivalent experience) in the fields of Software Engineering, Computer Sciences, or related discipline
- Passion for problem-solving to solution selling.
- Knowledge of web development or mobile app development, business modeling, database concepts and project management - preferably using Agile Development Methodologies
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, with ability to organize and present technical material in an easily understood manner
- Deep insight on technical architectures, IT products and product positioning
- Experience on ServiceNow Platform or other PaaS like Salesforce, Appian, Outsystems, Pega a plus
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- Experience with Big Data, IoT, Machine Learning and other emerging technologies a plus
- Knowledge of IaaS (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine)
- Knowledge in Java application server platforms (e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Fluency in Web services (e.g. SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
- Knowledge in RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
ServiceNow's applications are built on a platform that maximizes development velocity, and minimizes application maintenance with extensive component reuse, less integration, and the judicious use of code. It is a new, extremely efficient, yet very flexible development methodology enabled by our holistic platform.
Learn more about ServiceNow Platform on http://developer.servicenow.com/
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.