Solution Engineer at DocuSign
Sales & Business Development | Chicago, Illinois
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team’s partner with some of the largest most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
DocuSign is growing fast and we are looking for people to join our high performance team who are excited to make a difference and help our wherever needed. The Solution Engineer will support the sales team by helping to understand complex customer business problems and requirements and translate them into solutions leveraging DocuSign’s platform.
This position reports to the Director, Solution Engineering.
- Understand complex customer business problems within the territory
- Visualize customer internal systems and information topology
- Map customer problems and systems to DocuSign solutions
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical phone calls, workflow outlines, RFP/RFI responses, product roadmap discussions & business process diagrams
- Articulate selected recommendations
- Deliver trusted, long-term, high ROI solutions
- Partner with sales to deliver on revenue plan
- Exhibit proficiency of the core platform, including all current and future features
- Leverage knowledge gained from production deployments and customer experiences
- Communicate as well as champion the methods, processes, and certifications which make DocuSign the most secure partner for eSignature transactions
- Experience within a small-to-mid-market level pre-sales role selling SaaS solutions and concepts
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- Prior pre-sales experience within an enterprise level SaaS offering, ideally cloud-based
- Proficient in delivering software demonstrations in-person and virtually
- Experience with technical business documentation like workflow diagrams, proposals, SOWs, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Proven experience working with employees at all levels of an organization
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class software systems like ERP, CRM, and ECM systems
- Familiarity w/system integration methods such as web services, SOAP APIs & REST APIs
- Familiarity with web-based solutions, website development, HTML, XML, and structured data
- Familiarity with electronic signature concepts a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel 45% or more as needed
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.