Solution Engineer at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
• Participate in discovery meetings with prospective customers to thoroughly understand their needs. Gain an understanding of their current technical environment, key business issues/requirements, and future needs.
• Conduct and/or participate in Vision Alignment, Value Assessment and Business Operations workshops for each sales opportunity as it progresses through the sales process.
• Help account executives and sales managers in developing strategies for pursuing each sales opportunity.
• Supporting the Sphera sales process and making sure all involved with a sales opportunity [the account executive, services personnel, etc…] are following the best practices and steps as prescribed in our sales process documentation.
• Analyze prospective customer needs, and recognize/understand which prospective customer needs are addressed well by our software products as well as identification of solution gaps.
• Deliver technical and sales oriented presentations to prospective customers’ technical staff and senior management.
• Maintain high level of knowledge about our software products.
• Maintain high level of knowledge about the domain area of EH&S regulatory compliance and data management by reading trade and government publications, attending conferences, etc….
• Support marketing activities by presenting as an expert on webinars, submitting papers to publications, speaking at industry conferences, etc….
• Maintain high level knowledge of competitive product lines, especially as it relates to technical strengths and weaknesses of the competitor's products and what strategy we should develop to counter.
• Work directly with our product management department to deliver feedback from the field to best facilitate ideas for product development
• Work directly with our Services department to transfer and provide guidance and information learned from a prospect as the post-sale implementation of the solution begins.
- Provide continuous knowledge transfer to the sales force regarding technical aspects and benefits of our software products.
- Position requires travel 30-40% of the time minimum, and international trips are sometimes required.
BS/BA in engineering, computer science, environmental/chemical engineering or relevant field of study
Experience and domain knowledge in the areas of environmental compliance, operational risk management, product stewardship and/or enterprise software
Experience and high comfort level in public speaking and in conducting presentations to small- and medium-sized audiences.
Audiences can be Environmental, Health and Safety professionals, IT professionals, and/or corporate executives (Experience with software presentations a strong plus).
Minimum of 5 years experience in implementing/using data management software products, especially software having to do with EHS&S data management.
Minimum of 2 years experience in rfp/rfi proposal writing and analysis for software organization.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.