Solutions Architect, ServiceNow Platform at ServiceNow
Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Chicago, IL or SF Bay Area, CA
We are seeking a seasoned end to end solution architect with expertise with multi-platform integration strategies and execution, implementing and optimizing existing systems, being a change agent, and developing best architectural practices. Previous experience with the ServiceNow platform is necessary.
The successful individual in this role will work collaboratively with multiple IT teams, business analysts, product managers, and operations teams to ensure systems are architected with a clear understanding of dependencies, connections and risks.
- Analyze technologies and frameworks internal and external to ServiceNow to evaluate their fitness for projects
- Gather data and synthesize information highlighting associated risks and changes needed for success to the various program owners and key stakeholders to drive an integrated roadmap
- Help facilitate decisions based on a deep understanding of how a process or system change in may affect other processes, systems or people and promote approaches to identify a shared purpose from multiple stakeholders
- Provide direction on integrating multiple platforms and systems
- Anticipate business needs and present possible directions and future strategies for the team to consider through research and innovation methods
- Understand best practices and analyze emerging trends in the industry to serve as a thought leader, to influence and develop scalable strategies, frameworks, and architectures
- Work with product managers and business analysts on identifying issues / risks and required mitigation to ensure delivery of end-to-end strategic design
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to executive stakeholders
- Act as the solution wide functional subject matter expert embedded within a larger delivery team
- Ability to consult with and influence all levels of leadership across the organization
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information into consumable frameworks and concepts to facilitate key decision making and set future direction
- Ability to deliver on large scale programs and deal with ambiguities and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to act as a business-minded change agent within the organization
- Functional knowledge balanced with a strong technical skillset and aptitude
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and establish credibility that results in trust and respect from business and technical teams
- Ability to assess requirements and specifications documents for completeness and accuracy
- Ability to work with disparate and cross-functional internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent drive and initiative, and sense of personal accountability
- Ability to simplify complex problems and find solutions collaboratively
Requirements: Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems. A Master's degree is a plus
- 4+ years of experience with the ServiceNow platform
- 8+ years of experience in technology transformation and large projects
- Experience with driving continuous improvement across global technology and processes
- Experience managing highly-complex projects independently that cross multiple business units, divisions, functions, and regions
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and system design architecture as it impacts business processes and interdependencies
- Experience communicating design rationale clearly and concisely and building consensus across departments and teams.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.