Kin + Carta is hiring a Solutions Architect to join our growing team. If you have a servant leadership attitude, a love of learning and an analytical mind, read on!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating high-impact software experiences and drive digital product innovation
- Applying your technical vision and experience with software design patterns to create elegant, scalable, and resilient solution architectures
- Implementing controls to ensure your solution will stand tall against real-world conditions
- Obsessing over platform security and stability, and designing monitoring to enable your DevOps team to quickly pinpoint and respond to outages and slowdowns
- Improving your customer’s speed-to-market by implementing CI/CD pipelines, test automation, and containerized deployments
- Navigating complex data footprints, introducing modern data management and integration technologies to improve information velocity and data quality
- Staying ahead of user needs by evaluating usage metrics and solution telemetry
- Getting hands-on to solve the hardest problems or evaluate new frameworks
- Operating within our FleXP delivery methodology, which combines the best of Agile Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP) to enable you to do your best work
- Being the technical voice for your team, advocating technical direction, and encouraging innovation among your client stakeholders
- Being a servant leader, mentoring engineers, and setting the bar of quality
- Contributing to the evolution of our architecture practice, applying and contributing to development standards and best practices
Who You Are:
- A seasoned technologist at the core, curious and excited about the impact of leveraging technology at scale
- A lifelong learner with a knack for picking up new technologies quickly; able to apply core concepts across different technologies and frameworks.
- Prior experience leading small and medium-sized development teams (6-8 engineers)
- Prior experience leading the design and development of multiple enterprise-grade platforms or products from concept through to production
- Demonstrated command of cloud-native, microservices-based architectures
- Well versed in computing science fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, algorithm analysis, and data structures
- Able to drive all technical activities across a project, including validation of core technologies, creation of technical roadmaps architecture diagrams, and solution briefs
- Able to methodically break down a complex solution into consumable technical stories
- Experienced across multiple enterprise-grade technical stacks, and able to evaluate and select the right tech for the job
- Comfortable being the leader, but still enjoys committing code and getting ‘in the weeds’
- Deep knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure.
- Prior knowledge of Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, or Elastic Search are a bonus
- Prior experience in a technical consulting or product innovation environment is ideal
- Knowledgeable (or highly curious) about working with product and experience experts
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or related discipline is required
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.