Who We Are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
This Solutions Architect role reports to the VP Channel Sales and be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / cross-functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring utmost customer satisfaction. It will provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying SPINS’ proprietary technologies/applications to client and prospect’s critical business needs and objectives. This role will develop and deliver high-quality presentations and product demonstrations while following the defined SPINS sales processes.
The Solutions Architect presents and articulates advanced product features, benefits, future product direction, and possess knowledge of the entire suite of SPINS solutions. The ideal candidate will design, validate, and present software solutions to include advanced product concepts, potential customized application elements, and possibly even 3rd party complimentary partners/products. This role will easily articulate SPINS’ product's strengths, especially relative to various competitors.
What You Will Do
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and ongoing sales consultation – SME on SPINS’ tools.
- Drive the adoption of solutions within strategic accounts, expanding usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate product/technical features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials and deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively with engineers and other key personnel. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
What You Bring
- Minimum 3+ years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, Pre-Sales or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling/presenting to C/VP level buyers
- Comfortable with executing chairside meetings and roundtables with user groups to identify opportunities to drive value and/or pain points with incumbent solutions
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both CPG and Emerging Brands with ability to tell compelling stories, showcase relevant case studies, and sell listeners on value of proposed approach.
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including integrations, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, business challenges, and total cost of ownership
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, ROI projections, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories, driving sales enablement through data-driven prioritization of opportunities in working with multiple sales leaders and teams at SPINS.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability drive complex, customized solutions and projects to fruition while working with multiple levels of contacts internally and externally
- As a SPINS SME you will assist in driving industry training for the sales teams and thought leadership content for the marketplace
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Previous Sales/Solution Engineering experience within a Syndicated Data organization and/or survey/data collection/market research software and systems
- Syndicated Data Experience/Analysis a major plus
- Previous experience in, including pre- or post-Sales support
- Experience in being managed against a quota with consistent pipeline reviews
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.