Solutions Consultant at Label Insight
About the Solutions Consulting Team:
The Solution Consultants Team is a group of passionate and creative industry experts. Each one has a unique background enabling us to support our growing suite of products and solutions. Our team is responsible for assisting in the pre-sales cycle by fostering trust and front-loading our expertise in new opportunities. The Solution Consultants are responsible for demonstrating our value-add and helping package a solution to best fit our customer’s needs while leveraging their pre-sales learnings to provide market feedback into our product organization. The team is encouraged to attend conferences, industry, and networking events and subscribe to webinars and thought leadership sites to continue refining their expertise in a quickly developing industry.
Who You Are:
You thrive in a customer-facing role that enables you to assist in the discovery, validation, design, and business strategy of Label Insight’s retail solution portfolio. You’re able to assess a complex situation and focus on developing strategies for applying and evolving the company’s proprietary data to address significant retail and e-commerce challenges. The Solutions Consultant (SC) will support the sales and business development team throughout the pre-sales process and also work closely with internal product managers, engineers, operations, and account managers. You should have significant experience in managing complex business projects, process development and documentation, implementing solutions, selling, and customer service and support.
The SC is responsible for internally providing market feedback on our products and solutions by sharing prospect and customer feedback, barriers, pushbacks, use case application, and more. The Solutions Consultant operates cross-functionally to empower accountable teams such as product, engineering, and operations to assess the feasibility and design of the product/solution eventually translating these variables into a Statement of Work for the customer. You have solid business and consulting skills with a strong industry-relevant background.
The Solutions Consultant provides product and data strategy expertise, product demonstration assistance, supports product discovery, proof of concepts, and completes the overall solution design alongside the account executive to facilitate the closing of sales. As such, the solutions consultant is accountable for liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure the business is capable of supporting and aligned to the customer’s solution throughout the discovery process, especially within the product team. This role requires a deep intellectual curiosity, situational awareness, selling skills, communication skills, and the desire to acquire and continue to develop strong product knowledge.
*Even if you don’t check all the criteria boxes, we encourage you to apply. We’re looking for people with diverse backgrounds, exceptional potential and a passion for their craft.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Support the discovery, validation, and implementation of Label Insight’s omnichannel retail products through the application of industry knowledge and data expertise, particularly in the role that the company’s proprietary data plays in solving e-commerce challenges for customers.
- Identify, support, and help prioritize the data and product solution gaps to make recommendations for an MVP product and identify opportunities for strategic future innovation.
- Apply industry and product expertise to develop a data strategy and maturity evaluation.
- Help shape the go-to-market messaging and sales collateral through the creation and iteration of pitches, pre-sales decks, leave-behind materials, and demo strategy.
- Develop a strong relationship with the product manager, product marketing manager, account executives, engineering, and data operations.
- Demonstrate how Label Insight omnichannel retail solutions can solve common and complex business objectives, goals, and challenges through customer meetings, product demonstrations, & proof of concepts in order to increase sales process velocity.
- Work alongside the account managers to support customers through the implementation process and play a key role in removing barriers associated with promoting solution adoption.
- Help bridge the gap between product and sales by providing the voice of the customer back into Label Insight’s product organization to more easily identify the need for future product features and development.
- Build and maintain a thorough knowledge of Label Insight’s products and services, and their delivery, including feature updates and competitive positioning across customers.
- Utilize a thorough understanding of Label Insight’s products and offerings to design a solution that empowers the customer to achieve these objectives & goals.
- Assist in the development of the SOW and associated exhibits that outline the designed solution and best reflect Label Insight’s capabilities and business strategy.
- Ability to complete risk assessments (probability and impact) and use these to make data-driven decisions.
- Work alongside product managers and delivery managers to identify and document high integrity commitments ensuring post-sales success.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical and/or customer-facing field.
- 3+ years experience in the retail and/or CPG industry either by working directly at a brand or retailer or via a third-party technology, consulting firm, or agency.
- Top candidates will have experience in retail or CPG e-commerce, specifically for content creation, in-store programming, or health and wellness initiatives.
- 1-3+ years of experience in sales engineering, solution design, product management, strategy/value consulting, or customer delivery experience in a SaaS organization.
- Strong and polished customer-facing presentation skills.
- Proven ability to learn new technology and product capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with executive audiences.
- Experience identifying customer needs and relating to ROI/business benefit statements.
- Experience making data-driven decisions, highlighting associated risks, and gaining stakeholder alignment.
- Travel Expectation: 20-30%.
We Share a Common Purpose:
Label Insight’s purpose is to empower consumers with the knowledge to improve their lives through better product choices. Our purpose keeps our team focused and aligned as we drive growth for our grocery retailer and CPG customers through unparalleled transparency.
We Live Our Values:
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Inclusion & Collaboration: We believe working together as our unique-selves better serves our customers and community
- Iteration & Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty & Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities
The Benefits & Perks of Joining Us:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible paid time-off on top of 12 business days for standard holidays (Label Insight is closed for 1 week during the winter holiday season)
- Company subsidized health insurance, dental and vision benefits
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance Policy and STD/LTD
- Transportation/Commuter benefits
- Employment Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance and Management Training Programs
- Casual and collaborative, open-layout work space - dog-friendly office in Chicago
- Catered team lunches - every other week
- Cold brew and beer on tap
- Regularly scheduled team gatherings
*At Label Insight we embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and qualifications. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.