SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The Solutions Director is a Sales-oriented technical role responsible for establishing the solution approach and overseeing a matrixed team of SMEs to produce innovative, cohesive, and responsive proposals for multi-million dollar IT Managed Services opportunities. In this role, you will lead the development of the proposed solution for RFI/RFQ/RFPs, as well as sole-source business development efforts, for technology solutions to support the enterprise IT infrastructure of an organization. In this client-facing position, you are the subject matter expert in solution design, developing complex technical solutions within an overall solution framework.
- As a Solutions Director, you will be a technical leader orchestrating and driving the development of customer offerings and solutions, managing the efforts of diverse teams of SMEs
- You will be responsible for translating client needs into specific technical requirements and defining a solution that meets those requirements. Key aspects of the solution design process include business analysis, requirements gathering, conceptual architecture design, detailed costing, contractual statement of work, SLAs, commercial proposals, internal and client executive interaction, and design reviews and approvals by a line of business (client) and operations (internal)
- Driving several engagements at any given time, adhering to aggressive timelines for the sales pursuit process while supporting internal stakeholders during transition and service initiation
- Developing new services and offerings, including development of sales collateral, technical documentation, white papers, and technology partner collaboration
- Leading the bid team in all Solution related activities (internal reviews and approvals, customer contacts, risk analysis, hand-over to delivery, etc.)
- Creating the solution cost model. Designs and validates business cases on associated costing to the designed solution and migration while ensuring solution accuracy, risk mitigation, and documentation of assumptions
- Identifying IT industry trends, architecture roadmaps, best practices, and lessons learned; provide feedback to senior leadership and incorporate this information into future service offerings
- 10+ years of experience in a technical selling role, with a minimum of 5 years as a Solution Architect
- Deep expertise with IT managed services, technology transformation projects, implementation/integration, IT Service Management (ITSM), and ITIL for scope including end-user services, service desk, public & private cloud solutions, security, server, network, storage, virtualization, and related IT infrastructure
- Experience with building enterprise architecture roadmaps, designing complex infrastructure solutions, and provide hardware/software recommendations for implementation
- Significant experience with services solution implementation, testing, proof of concept, migration, and risk management
- In-depth experience, with a preference for certifications, relating to ServiceNow, Microsoft products and Azure, AWS, Cisco, Oracle, and other industry-leading tools, software, and service offerings
- High-level understanding and experience of the application development lifecycle, including traditional waterfall and agile methodologies
- Project / Program management
General / Other
- Bachelors’ degree in a technical field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, including effective remote/virtual presentation and collaboration approaches
- Consultative approach with customers and the ability to articulate technical concepts using the simple business language for the non-technical
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust across both internal and client organizations and provide leadership and expertise in areas outside of your direct area of responsibility
- General Business acumen and understanding of economic considerations for IT implementations and budgeting
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COVID-19 Vaccine Statement
This opportunity may require a COVID-19 vaccine based on SDI Presences clients’ requirements and/or guidelines in the future.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
SDI Presence is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SDI Presence makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
SDI Presence does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between SDI Presence and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.