Solutions Engineer at BenchPrep
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Sales Engineer to join our growing team. As our Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for educating potential clients during the sales cycle, including creating and delivering tailored software demos and architecture presentations. You are tech-savvy and an excellent communicator, and work well with the Sales Team to deliver high-quality presentations.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Support the sales team throughout the sales life cycle by providing pre-sales support
- Conduct product demos and Solution presentations, alongside a Sales Manager or independently
- Help field client’s technology-related inquiries
- Help design technology-related solutions for potential customers
- Attend conferences and tradeshows as an expert in our product
- Assist in sales strategy and building customer relationships
- Pre-configuring platform to meet custom prospective clients’ needs for product demos
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the sales team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
- Have 1+ years in B2B SaaS sales as a Sales Engineer
- Have 5 years of professional work experience
- Have experience working with Enterprise level sales ($50K and above)
- Be effective at conducting presentations over the phone and through the web
- Be motivated by challenges, and excited to grow our customer base through customer outreach, education, and solution-based selling techniques
- Be able to travel 25% of the time
- Have experience in professional training/education industry, preferably
- Have experience in a startup environment, preferably
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.