Solutions Engineer at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates use Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Nationwide.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for a Solutions Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Solutions Engineer will support customers throughout the implementation and onboarding process. Working closely with Customer Success Managers, the Solutions Engineer will act as a dedicated expert and a hands-on technical problem solver to drive seamless technical integrations of Built In solutions. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to fully build out the Solutions Engineering function at Built In, take ownership of new processes, and shape the future of the organization.How you’ll contribute
- Primary technical point of contact for customers throughout the onboarding process, acting as a liaison between customer success team and product and technology teams
- Fully own all technical integrations between Built In solutions and customer’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Explain and guide customers on troubleshooting integrations, with a keen ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical contacts
- Understand problems and convert those problems into user stories for product and engineering teams to streamline customer onboarding
- Drive timely integrations to ensure high quality customer experience
- 4+ years of experience in a technical project management, solutions engineer, or solutions consultant role
- Experience with object-oriented languages
- Experience with RESTful APIs, XML and JSON
- Comfortable in a customer-facing role
- Experience configuring integrations for customers
- Ability to troubleshoot low to mid-level issues; possess understanding of working with product and engineering teams on high-level issues
- Experience with SQL
- Go-getter attitude with interest in leading the charge and creatively solving problems
- Deep empathy for the customer
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.