Sr. Account Executive
Paro is seeking a self-starting Account Executive with a passion for helping businesses solve their finance-related pain points. The role is directly responsible for acquiring new clients through a defined outside sales process, and encompasses the full sales cycle from establishing initial contact to closing deals.
An open environment and constant feedback cycle lead to an exceptionally collaborative culture. Account Executives will work directly with a team of experienced operations and fulfillment stakeholders to seamlessly execute deals, and report to Paro’s Sales Manager.
Mission: Our mission is empowering finance and accounting professionals to embrace and succeed in the future of work. We do this by providing freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings. Our machine-learning algorithms create custom matches between freelancers and businesses who need their support, and the quality of work delivered is unparalleled.
Vision: We are creating a boundaryless workforce where labor is the analog. Our future of work is optimized at the skill and task level, and makes finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product on Amazon. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. By capitalizing on this generational shift, we are disrupting the $150bn antiquated finance and accounting industry. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Global Founders Capital, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels.
Culture: Collaboration is key to the Paro Home Team. Together, we curate an open environment and encourage constant feedback to create great experiences for our freelancers and guarantee success for our clients. We live and breathe our values and have a whole lot of fun along the way.
What We Do: We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Who You Are
- Have 2-5 years of B2B sales experience, ideally in a services-oriented business (not required)
- Possess an insatiable curiosity to learn about businesses, and a keen ability to identify and understand the needs of prospective clients
- Are self-motivated with an entrepreneurial ambition to creatively get the job done
- Maintain a professional demeanor complemented by excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to quickly learn multiple software platforms (no prior experience necessary)
- Possess exceptional listening, organization, presentation, and business strategy skills
- Are naturally solution driven and excel at solving problems, particularly in team settings
- Have an aspiration to learn, grow and succeed in sales
- Think fast, hustle, and laugh a lot
You work hard, but also enjoy a good mid-day laugh, group coffee outing, or attempting a cross-office basketball shot (no prior basketball skills required). You thrive in an open, collaborative environment where consistent feedback and flat hierarchy are valued. You are a team player and look forward to close collaboration with our entire Sales machine
If you’re: passionate about helping businesses thrive, pumped to be a part of growing something amazing, the kind of person who never settles and is always up to try something new, then we want you to join our team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop deep and genuine business relationships with the overarching goal of helping business leaders run their firms more effectively (and profitably)
- Overcome objections of prospective customers by delivering value propositions rooted in Paro’s service offering(s) – ‘No’ is simply a detour, not a dead end
- Close new customer accounts using a consultative sales approach
- Have the opportunity to specialize in an industry vertical, becoming Paro’s internal subject matter expert on best practices, tools, pain points, etc. in the space
- Track and update CRM throughout sales cycle
- Be a critical member of the team by helping to define and shape our customer acquisition strategy
- Interact and network with entrepreneurs/business owners daily
- Ability to work efficiently while dodging soccer balls and shooting Nerf hoops
- Add to the culture and change the trajectory of our growth by being your awesome self
Nice to Haves
Background in financial services, accounting, and/or bookkeeping a big plus
Develop the skills to lead an industry vertical and eventually your own sales team
Competitive salary + stock options + un-capped commissions
Fun and challenging environment that propels career growth
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible work from home policy
Unlimited PTO – we trust you
Monthly happy hours and team outings
Catered breakfast on Mondays and Fridays
Great office location in Gold Coast, steps away from public transportation
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow