If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Sales team is a group within Motorola Solutions, Inc. that provides industry leading, next generation Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 311, and analytics software applications to the Public Safety and Public Service markets. No other company has the breadth and depth of technology and experience to deliver end to end public safety applications and mission critical voice and data communications systems.
This Department is responsible for selling Motorola Solutions public safety applications to city, county and state agencies within the T5S Territory which includes MO, IA, NE, KS, IL, IN, KY and Canada. Responsible for new software accounts development within an established geographic territory/product line for IL, IN and KY and other states within the territory as assigned.
We are seeking a top-performing, technical sales professional who understands the unique approach to selling our company’s public safety software solutions to prospective customers, while developing and maintaining excellent customer/client relationships. This sales professional will be responsible for selling Motorola’s industry-leading computer aided dispatch, records management, jail management, evidence management, analytics, and situational awareness solutions to new customers. This is a hunter role, assigned to capture new business in the industry’s mid-tier. This represents the vast majority of public safety agencies across the territory
Customer relationships are developed by phone contact, personal visits, tradeshow attendance, onsite discovery, software demonstrations, oral presentations, and through attending regional user group meetings. Sales responsibilities are assigned by region or major geographical area and territories are sized by total customers operating as a "host" agency. Selling opportunities include on-site product presentations, internet demonstrations, and coordinating with state and local officials on individual and multi-jurisdictional projects. A thorough understanding of local government procurement processes are helpful. Typical travel is moderate to high with being in territory (in front of the customer) 70%. Top sales performers are compensated aggressively with accelerators upon achieving annual sales quota.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Responsible for sales, strategic account planning and overall relationship management for a number of “target” customers within the assigned territory
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sales plan for each “target” account and or geography and their buying centers covering the full portfolio of Motorola products and services (core and emerging technologies)
- Assemble and coordinate a diverse team of internal & external sales resources to assess customer’s needs and address their requirements
- Act as a trusted advisor to influence customer’s technology platform decisions and develop preference and loyalty for Motorola Solutions
- Proactively develop large project opportunities encompassing a wide range of products and services while forecasting future business out eight quarters
- Proactively engage and lead channel partners in selling Motorola products and services to customers buying centers where appropriate
- Develop strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers within and outside of public safety; Sheriff, Mayor, CIO, Police Chief, Fire Chief and other officials in order to understand and influence technology and funding priorities
- Proactively engage Motorola executive sponsors to build a strategic relationship to position long term opportunities for Motorola
- Develop Motorola procurement vehicles for multiple solutions to be leveraged across customer base
- **Must be willing to travel 70% throughout the T5S Territory**
- Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience or 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
- Strong relationship development and management skills
- Experience utilizing strategic account management practices
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
- Ability to quickly learn new key characteristics of products/solutions and communicate the value of those solutions to customers
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a C-Level executives
- Ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor
- Ability to lead a diverse group in addressing customer requirements
- High tech solutions sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices a plus
- Highly motivated and results oriented
- Experience utilizing Manufacturing Representative (channel) partners to address customer requirements
- Ability to quickly learn Salesforce as the project reporting tool and forecast method.
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.