Sr. Account Manager Software Sales (New Accounts) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Sales team is a group within Motorola Solutions, Inc. that provides industry leading, next generation Citizen Engagement, 9-1-1 Call Taking, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management, Jail Management, Public Service 311, and analytics software applications to the Public Safety and Public Service markets. No other company has the breadth and depth of technology and experience to deliver end to end public safety applications and mission critical voice and data communications systems.
We are seeking a top-performing, technical sales professional who understands the unique approach to selling our company’s public safety software solutions to prospective customers, while developing and maintaining excellent customer/client relationships.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Account Manager:
- This sales professional will be responsible for selling Motorola’s industry-leading computer aided dispatch, records management, jail management, evidence management, analytics, and situational awareness solutions to new customers.
- This is a hunter role, assigned to capture new business in the industry’s large-tier agencies.
- This role will be assigned to work with the largest cities and counties within the territory to proactively influence well in advance of any formal project.
- Customer relationships are developed by phone contact, personal visits, tradeshow attendance, onsite discovery, software demonstrations, oral presentations, and through attending regional user group meetings.
- Sales responsibilities are assigned by region or major geographical area and territories are sized by total customers operating as a "host" agency.
- Selling opportunities include on-site product presentations, internet demonstrations, and coordinating with state and local officials on individual and multi-jurisdictional projects. A thorough understanding of local government procurement processes are helpful.
- Typical travel is moderate to high with being in territory (in front of the customer) 50-65%.
- Top sales performers are compensated aggressively with accelerators upon achieving annual sales quota.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience or 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
- Sales experience in a technical field, computer software industry, or government sales preferred
- Experience selling to multiple levels, project stakeholders, and committees a plus
- Experience with large ticket products having long sales cycles beneficial
- Ability to articulate and sell enterprise software solutions
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Consistently proactive toward lead and opportunity qualification and development processes
- Possess excellent communication skills and have demonstrated problem-solving and negotiating skills
- Possess both consultative and relationship-based sales qualities when engaging with prospective customers
- Familiar with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) upkeep, management, forecasting, and maintenance of sales pipeline activities
- Possess creative and persuasive presentation and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs
- Proven time management skills are critical
- Ability to continually qualify strength and viability of opportunities throughout dynamic sales process is crucial
- Technical aptitude a plus
- Entrepreneurial experience and “builder” attitude a plus
- “Pleasant Persistence” is a virtue in this position
- This position is to be supporting the following states: Iowa & Nebraska. Preference will be given to candidates who live in Iowa or Nebraska, but candidates in surrounding states would be considered.
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- Bachelors Degree with 4+ years of sales/public safety experience OR 8+ years of sales/public safety experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.