ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
ServiceNow is seeking a Senior Platform Architect that is a customer facing domain expert, drives innovative business solutions with our customers, by applying technical and business skills. This role is well versed in architecting and developing custom solutions on the Now Platform as well as working with developers to build and present solutions to customers. The Senior Platform Architect delivers strategic visions to executive personas at clients on the value of ServiceNow solutions as well. The candidate must be able to articulate the business value message in front of both technical and non-technical customers.
You will partner with the sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions. The role requires demonstration and prototyping of platform capabilities, and also to identify the specific requirements needed to develop innovative application prototypes for specific customers. The Senior Platform Architect will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
The Senior Platform Architect will provide technical and business expertise to support customers with product and solution leadership during pre-sales engagements. This senior role serves as a value consultant who can go wide and deep on solution delivery and solution positioning during sales cycles.
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of solution development on the Now Platform
- Partner with Sales and Solution Consulting to qualify customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver high value business outcomes for clients
- Architect and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with a cross-functional digital consulting team in a pre-sales environment
- Document and present technical solutions aligned with our client’s business problems
- Facilitate and lead workshops for customers focusing on innovation, ideation, co-creation, development and validation of solutions on the Now Platform.
- Provide mentoring to solution consulting peers and other colleagues in the organization
- Contribute to and help maintain internal forums and asset libraries to enable innovation at scale
- Interact with the wider ServiceNow community as a thought leader on innovative ways to leverage the Now Platform and products
- Presenting at executive briefings and marketing events
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction
- Keep on top of ServiceNow product developments, complementary technology and external trends in order to identify opportunities to broaden the use of the Now Platform outside of typical domains
- Expected Travel: TBD; Typically 25-30%
In order to be successful in this role, we are seeking someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a solution architect
- 3+ years of experience architecting and delivering complex solutions on the Now Platform
- Experience facilitating client-facing workshops to successfully progress initiatives into the next phase of their lifecycle
- Ability to work within, and lead, a multi-discipline team focused on delivering high-quality output in short timeframes
- Fluency in third party integrations using web services, JDBC, and file-based parsers
- Functional comprehension of SQL and database concepts
- Ability to quickly understand new technology through instruction and self-training
- Strong people development skills, including coaching and mentoring for technical roles
- Executive level presence and experience presenting to executive-level audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.