Sr Dir, Education Sales at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Sr. Director Sales, Education
Summary: The MedSLED team is a fast-growing organization focused on three industry verticals: Higher Education, Healthcare and State/Local government. This role is for an experienced sales leader to build a dedicated team for the education business. We are looking for a strategic thinker to make important decisions about the business. This is an exciting opportunity in a team with a purpose-driven culture at a great place to work at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
This Senior Director role will lead the Higher Education business for the United States.
- The customer set will comprise ServiceNow's US Education customers and prospects
- Continue to scale and grow a territory by meeting and exceeding an assigned team quota
- Execute on both vertical and horizontal sales strategies
- Manage and lead a team of First Line Sales Contributors (Senior Account Executives) reporting to them
- Empower and guide your team to build strategic account plans that focus on longer term joint success of ServiceNow and the customer
- Leverage a matrixed sales structure
- Work with Solution Consulting, Product Line Sales experts and supportive ecosystem
- Manage your team talent development and consistent recruiting practices
- Be a trusted advisor and leader who sets a high-bar, leading from the front
- Establish and nurture relationships at the highest levels of organizations
- Manage accurate forecasting and communications on a daily basis
- Drive customer success practices across your area
To be successful in this role you have:
- 10+ years' experience managing a team of field-based sales representatives in a matrixed sales environment in the enterprise software space to enterprise customers (over 5,000 employees)
- 5+ years education industry experience required; must have passion for education
- Strong experience managing multi-tiered customer relationships; demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding team quotas selling to large accounts
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing high performing, high potential talent through assessing, selecting, onboarding, coaching, and developing
- A track record of managing a growing team in different geographical locations
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customers relations
- Strong forecasting and reporting capabilities
- A proven and consistent track record selling to large enterprise level customers and established relationship at the C-suite level
- Strong organization, communication, teamwork, presentation, problem solving and time management skills
- Experience inspiring the team to follow defined best practice
- The ability to navigate and collaborate through complex opportunities
- A competitive, can do, optimistic, realistic attitude, strong work ethic, humility and excellent team building communication and listening skills
- The willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.